The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g gsx turbo-parts combo dilema

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyBirdRacing

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Hi,
I am looking into getting a 97-99 gsx, and have been looking around on the internet for stuff. Would it be possiable to have Greddy FMIC, with a HKS SSQV, fit a Frankenstein Turbo. I am not sure what Frankenstein Turbo I want, but not a junior one. I have all the other parts of my car figured out and was just wondering about this. I can get the Frankenstein elbow kit and the turbo adapter kit from www.extrememotorsports.com, but I was wondering if they would fit the GReddy FMIC.

Thanks a lot,
Bill

I think I am going to use the Frankenstein turbo combo with the Greddy FMIC but I need an upper intercooler pipe for the HKS SSQV flange. Any suggestions. Any suggestions on what Frankenstein I should get, I am thinking either the stage 3, stage 57, or stage 4. Do not know. Any suggestions welcome.

Hi,
Anyone, I am new to DSM's so I need some advice from people that know, and what headers will go with this turbo if I run a external wastegate?

Thanks,
Bill

I suggest you do a we bit more searching :thumb:

Originally posted by Ludachris
- Before you ask:
1. Be sure you have your vehicle's mods listed in your Profile.
2. Be sure you understand what supporting mods are needed for larger turbos - check the Tuning Guide linked at the top.
3. No "X"-Turbo vs. "X"-Turbo threads... these are never useful.
4. Use the Private Message feature to ask members about their setup.
5. Please avoid asking questions about turbo specs, unreleased turbos, or other questions that can be accurately answered by simply calling the manufacturer directly.

- How to ask:
1. List your budget for the turbo and the supporting mods.
2. List your goals - 1/4 mile time, hp, and what the car will be used for (drag/road race).
3. Ask about specific turbos.
4. Title your thread specifically about the turbo you have a question on. No "which turbo should I buy?" titled threads.

Forget about headers. Get your exhaust manifold ported. Yes you can use and HKS flange welded to your greddy pipes and bolt on and HKS SSQ BOV.

What frank you get is up to your goals. With an elbow it should bolt to the greddy FMIC. you will need an external gate 36mm should do maybe a 40mm.

EDIT***

Yes what rdkrt said also.

hi
I just found out that I have some white smoke from my exhaust.
I've been asking some friends and they think that it can be that my turbo is leaking oil.
i felt some play when i was turning the intake 'fan'

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back