The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g GSX rims on 1gb, Need pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED&BlackGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2004
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Ok..I just bought a set of IMMACULATE 2g 17" GSX rims locally with tires at a great price. Anyways. I have a red 90 GSX, with the 92-94 front end conversion. Anyways, Im trying to decide whether I want to paint them Bronze, with a polished lip, or Gunmetal with a polished lip. The problem im having is a friend of mine sprayed the Gunmetal on his s15 rims, and he said it had texture to it, I heard this same thing from another person. Anybody had any good luck with the Dupli-color wheel paint in Gunmetal?. I would like some opinions, pics if possible. Any other brands of paint that I could use? Oh ya, he then painted another rim bronze with the same paint, and it came out smooth.. Help me guys.

I painted my 1G TSI wheels gunmetal w/ a polished lip and it looks textured.. its the wheels not the paint... by the way.... lemme see those 2G GSX wheels in bronze... thats something different... as far as GSXs on a 1G in gunmetal or silver... check the 1G Gallery... plenty of um... GL :thumb:

well, I changed my mind on the wheels. I don't think im going to mess with them. I posted them in the classifieds to sell them. here are the pics. I would like to see these Photochopped with bronze,silver lip,carbon fiber mitsubishi symbol in the middle.

Attachments

• allfourwheels.jpg
    allfourwheels.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 602
  • wheel1-4000.jpg
    wheel1-4000.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 602
  • wheel1-4001.jpg
    wheel1-4001.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 598
This is my friends 92 Eclipse GSX with the 2Gb GSX wheels. Sorry for the small and lack of pictures. This is just a sig from a local street racing site.

Attachments

• Tyler.jpg
    Tyler.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 665
BacknBlack92ESi said:
This is my friends 92 Eclipse GSX with the 2Gb GSX wheels. Sorry for the small and lack of pictures. This is just a sig from a local street racing site.
that's a really clean looking car. got any more pics of it somewhere on the web maybe??

i like the look of those 2G rims on a clean 1g. nice touch

Those wheels look like the early 3g 17's to me. The design is the same, but they are not two piece like the 2gb 17's... Just thought I'd point that out. They are way too clean to be off of a GSX. That's a good thing because the 2gb 17's bend SO easily.

They would look good though in black, gunnmetal, or bronze. I had mine black. I've never seen bronze on them though. Bronze would look cool, especially on the right color car.

yea man those arent the 2g GSX wheels . they are the 3G ones. almost the same anyways. I like the black with polish lip idea.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The gap in the front is due to the engine being out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back