The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 2G GSX brake backing plate/dust shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Evening everyone. I’m having a hard time finding the backing plates/rear dust shields for the 2g Eclipse GSX. I’m planning on running the Evo Brembos in the back but what is the work around for the parking brakes if I can’t find a dust shield. Mine turned to dust

Thanks

Solution
So OEM is the only option to make the parking brake work?
My set was all holes and essentially dust. I read somewhere that you can modify the FWD ones to fit the back but don’t know how true that is either.

I was able to grab a new pair that just got listed this morning, appreciate everyone’s help,

Might be worth leaving this thread open so people know of options
Did you try Stevie Miller or one of the vendors on here that sell used parts? When we did the rear disc conversion on our Spyder, we got the correct backing plates from Stevie, cleaned them up and painted them before installation.

Currently all there thats available and old oem ones, i had a set rust so i grabbed some that were not holed.

So OEM is the only option to make the parking brake work?
My set was all holes and essentially dust. I read somewhere that you can modify the FWD ones to fit the back but don’t know how true that is either.

I was able to grab a new pair that just got listed this morning, appreciate everyone’s help,

Solution

just adjust the thread as resolved so then people WILL know what was done but if you got part numbers/links etc that will help more then saying you got new ones as thats kind of a given to get it fixed anyway. having the links and if you got part numbers helps others more so

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back