The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g gstx coversion help with wiring harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrymane

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2012
port richey, Florida
i cant really find any solid leads so i figured i would ask. next week i am about to start the swap and i have both cars which are 97 gst and a wrecked gsx. i was wondering if i need to keep and use the motor harness off the gsx or can i use the one on my gst?

kk cool thanks this is kinda a dumb question i have 98 black box ecu from a gst will that work with the swap???

and also in my gst i have a 11 pound flywheel and a 6 puck clutch and pressure plate is that all usable for the swap or do i have to get a new flywheel and clutch kit?

i can keep my clutch then right??? awsome just want to make sure im trying to get everything ready for this weekend!!!! thanks bro

thank you guys i have everything removed out of the donor car and next week i will be starting on the swap! ill will post pics for updates!!!!!

Yes, you can use the 98 black box ecu with the current 97 harness. You will need to build a a CAS adapter. If you plan to flash the ECU, you'll need to add a pin to the ECU harness.

The factory 98-99 turbo ECU's control an evap emission vent solenoid and a fuel tank differential pressure sensor so you might have to turn emission leak testing off in your 98 black box ECU to prevent emission cel's.

Those are turned off i now i tuned it myself runs pretty good now my cas was never messed with and it runs fine. i soldered the pin 79 and ran the wire thru right by the shifter. but ya i didn't rewire the cas and i have had zero problems with it so far

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back