The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Gst Auto VS 2G GSX Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonn

Probationary Member
Dec 5, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Hello everyone. So I've been searching but can't seem to find quite a direct answer. I have a 1995 and a 1997 Auto GSX and i was wondering if the GST auto trans is interchangeable with a GSX. I have found forums of people swapping a GSX trans into a GST but what about using a GST trans for a GSX. Im not talking about swapping the trans themselves but rather sensors and internal parts. Someone also told me 2ga vs 2gb autos have different gear ratios and i found a chart from eatsleepdsm display the differences between manual and auto, but not mention any difference between 2g autos themselves.

Valve body. Transmission pump. And majority if not all internal parts like clutches, baskets, disc, and bands are interchangeable. The vehicle speed sensor will need the specific gear for the transmission. FWD and AWD have different gear ratios.

What is wrong with the transmission that you want to swap already probably 80k mile used parts into another?

Do you have any experience doing transmission work?

Did you do any research on A/T dsms website?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back