The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 2G gets Richer with RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ist dwa

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2009
Centerville, Ohio
At 7K to 9k it goes from 13.0 to 10.9. If I take any more global out it starts to run at 14s before 7k.

My fuel pressure is spot on at boost. It's an AEM AFPR.
It's a full blown double pumper. 255s
-8an feed to -6an return line, I can lower the FP down to 30 psi so I don't think the return line is too low.

I've lowered boost and FP to see if that helped, no.

Changed ECU, this is V3 ecm link setup.
I have tanked the SD table settings at that range with little help, it was around 96 and now it is 86.
I've leaned out the A/F est as much as the ecu can which is only 12.9.
I have played with deadtime all the way from 30 -225, these are bosch 2150s, no help.

It just feels like it can't bleed off enough fuel and it is fuel creeping.

I am open to any and all ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 7K to 9k it goes from 13.0 to 10.9. If I take any more global out it starts to run at 14s before 7k.
what am i missing here? maybe im just stupid but if your at 13.0 at 7k, that seems way lean unless your running all motor. To me 10.9 is a little rich but only half a point at most.

what am i missing here? maybe im just stupid but if your at 13.0 at 7k, that seems way lean unless your running all motor. To me 10.9 is a little rich but only half a point at most.

Probably E85 car, which would be around ~8.65 or ~.89 lambda.. pushing it, but def ends up being super rich at a 10.9 gas afr / ~7.25 e85 afr / .75~ lambda

Probably E85 car, which would be around ~8.65 or ~.89 lambda.. pushing it, but def ends up being super rich at a 10.9 gas afr / ~7.25 e85 afr / .75~ lambda
:hmm:...:ohdamn:....:thumb:

Update, I switched my AEM AFPR to a fuel lab. I don't normally throw parts at problems but there was really only way to know. This fixed nothing, same fuel curve. I also turned the boost way down from 36 to 25 and the fuel curve again is super rich at top. I have really been working on this, and friend and I spent a lot of DSM time last night going over inch of possibilities.

We may have a lead. I purchased four random 2150ss OEM Bosch CNG injectors for this car, while they do work they are not matched, I am starting to think that without a good set of match flowed injectors I may have inconstancies cylinder to cylinder.

Plan:
1. I will contact FIC and see if they are able to modify them to flow match
2. Buy a set of matched FIC injectors.

TBD for now. Yes this is a ethanol car.

Still working on this.

I have changed AFPR same result.
I have installed a good set of FIC 1650s, better but still just creeps rich, it is probably only better because the injectors are smaller.

I have identified a similar problems between the two injectors. The 2150s scaled out to be 1650s and now the 1640s have scaled out to 1250s, so that is less the 400 for each of them. I feel like I have no fuel control with the SD table as well, it's like it's doing it's own thing. The global changes make fuel changes but the SD changes just seem to do nothing in the higher rpms.

I did a full firm ware update on ECM link as well.

Here are some logs, if you see anything I am open to all ides, I have made a lot of changes so these are just to show the conidtions. The newest one which was Sept 1 is my current settings.

Attachments

• log.2021.08.03-07.elg
    65 KB · Views: 14
  • log.2021.08.04-09.elg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
  • log.2021.09.01-08.elg
    54.4 KB · Views: 17
I too get rich with rpm…interested to see your solution.

Well shit just raise the boost until it matches up.

Your target AF ratio in the DA table is a block of 14.7 then to 12.9. I'd blend that table. Lots.

Last edited:
More update I have gone through the entire air path setup looking for possible restrictions. The head is 100% brand new, changed OEM intake manifolds, solid upper IC pipe, good TB, brand new ETS FMIC, good lower IC pipe, turbo is good, new intake pipe, air filter has been cleaned, I even pulled the OEM air can. Still nothing.

I have emailed ECM link about possibly a bad chip. I am running out of things it could be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back