The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G FWD suspension --> 1G FWD? possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
I wanted to know if I can straight up swap my Tokico struts and Eibach Pro-Kits out of my 95 Eclipse GS into my 93 TSi. I know the setups are different (in certain ways), but would the strut size be remotely the same? I have also heard that some 1g's put stock 2g struts on their cars due to their increased stiffness...which is what gave me this idea. If no one has any ideas on it, I'll be trying it later today, and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Later,

The differences in these 2 setups is like night and day. 2G FWD's have a short-long arm setup with a macpherson strut assembly, while 1G FWD's don't retain an upper control arm. The 1G strut bolts directly to the steering knuckle, whild 2G's sit in a 'cup' attached to the upper and lower control arms.

So, to answer my own question (and any one elses if they thought about it) this WILL NOT work.

Later,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back