The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2g FWD hx35- 11.24@126

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice gives me hope with my FWD junk!

Congrats on the time and especially representing for the fwd crowd!:hellyeah:
Sounds like you just barely got into 4th gear at the end, LOL?
Car looks like a total sleeper too with the stock rims:thumb:

i just got my HX35 on this past weekend and then blew a hole in my trans on Tue LOL... hopefully a wavetrac LSD is in my near future and i want to see what kind of times i can put down on street tires before spending the coin on slicks.

hopefully ill be right there with you in the low 11's

Last edited:
How happy were the track officials since you didn't have a roll cage? Your hauling ass and as far as 60fts go I but its good for a 10.99 sec pass if you can lower it to a 1.6. Good work!

:dsm:

i just got my HX35 on this past weekend and then blew a hole in my trans on Tue LOL... hopefully a wavetrac LSD is in my near future and i want to see what kind of times i can put down on street tires before spending the coin on slicks.

hopefully ill be right there with you in the low 11's

Good luck with the street tires. I spun street tires in 4th gear. If I floored it in first or second it was like i was revving it they spun so bad.

My 60ft was a 1.81. The best part about the track down here is they show the 60ft on the board during your run so you can tell if its gonna be a good pass or not. The track is pretty laid back here they dont even look at the engine during tech.

I should be hitting the track again next week with my new setup..evo3 intake mani, 1g nt throttle body, new intercooler and piping, tialQ bov and boost by gear. 17lbs in 1st, 27lbs in 2nd, and 37lbs in 3rd & 4th.

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'll keep this updated. I might be able to make it to the dyno soon to see what kind of power I'm making.

Was that a 1.81 sixty? If so I gotta work on something because I'm a bit quicker to the 60', MPH the same, but ET .4 seconds slower.
ya. I have no lift shifting through DSMlink setup so the car stays in the boost the whole way down the track. Thats the only thing I can think of.

When do you get full boost? I'm on a 16g based turbo and when the weather is cool like it is in the fall I get full boost by 2800 or so rpm so I don't use NLTS, virtually no lag on the shift. I take it you run full boost in every gear on DSMLink? I'm pulling back power in first and second gear, perhaps I need to add power back in and hope it sticks.

When do you get full boost? I'm on a 16g based turbo and when the weather is cool like it is in the fall I get full boost by 2800 or so rpm so I don't use NLTS, virtually no lag on the shift. I take it you run full boost in every gear on DSMLink? I'm pulling back power in first and second gear, perhaps I need to add power back in and hope it sticks.

I get full boost at 4800-5000 rpm. On these passes I was running full boost in every gear. The car is now setup for boost by gear. If i were you I would run full boost for sure. If it doesn't hook, getting better tires. You should try the NLTS if you have DSMlink though you will shift quicker.

LOL Rickys old car. How much you flowing? I have a 16g, probably maxed out, flowing at 45lbs/min and have an hx35 that I may put on once I dyno mine with 16g, trying to get airflow numbers on that hx35. Is it also on T3 or BEP mitsu housing?

Not sure of the flow #s cause I don't have a maf. Gonna hit the dyno tomorrow hopefully though to get some hp numbers. Stock Holset t3 backhousing.

LOL Rickys old car. How much you flowing? I have a 16g, probably maxed out, flowing at 45lbs/min and have an hx35 that I may put on once I dyno mine with 16g, trying to get airflow numbers on that hx35. Is it also on T3 or BEP mitsu housing?

Ya it's rickys old car. The only parts left on the car from him though is the tranny and valve cover LOL

Not sure of the flow #s cause I don't have a maf. Gonna hit the dyno tomorrow hopefully though to get some hp numbers. Stock Holset t3 backhousing.

Runnig speed density? I remember reading on link forums how you cannot calculate airflow with speed density? Why is that? I thought all you log is airflow. :confused:

Runnig speed density? I remember reading on link forums how you cannot calculate airflow with speed density? Why is that? I thought all you log is airflow. :confused:

Yes Im running speed density.

this is Dave's (one of the inventors of DSMlink) explanation

I was wondering how do you measure lb/min with no mas?

"Actually measure air mass without an accurately calibrated MAF sensor? You don't. Air mass is measured by either physically determining the number of air molecules passing over a sensing element, or measuring air volume (by way of air velocity), pressure and temperature through a specific cross-section and applying the ideal gas law calculation.

Speed-density is one step removed from actually measuring air mass because instead of measuring air volume, speed-density estimates air volume from engine speed by using a looked-up, user-specified VE value determined from engine speed and intake manifold pressure. IF the user-specified VE value is wrong, so is the estimated air volume and the resulting estimated air mass."

Yes Im running speed density.

this is Dave's (one of the inventors of DSMlink) explanation

I was wondering how do you measure lb/min with no mas?

"Actually measure air mass without an accurately calibrated MAF sensor? You don't. Air mass is measured by either physically determining the number of air molecules passing over a sensing element, or measuring air volume (by way of air velocity), pressure and temperature through a specific cross-section and applying the ideal gas law calculation.

Speed-density is one step removed from actually measuring air mass because instead of measuring air volume, speed-density estimates air volume from engine speed by using a looked-up, user-specified VE value determined from engine speed and intake manifold pressure. IF the user-specified VE value is wrong, so is the estimated air volume and the resulting estimated air mass."

I see, damn so theres a negative for me if I switch to SD. But if you have boostest matched with actual and wideband matched with afrest, wouldn't you be perfectly calibrated to log airflow and it should be accurate? That is how I get my reading, although maybe it is because I run MAF and SD is completely different? I read about it and it do not seem that hard if you have a MAF to start tuning with.

Anyways sorry to get off topic, but good job, next time we should hit up the track and plan something for dsmers here in sofla.

Wheres your helmet? That's a laid back track. I'm surprised your stock tranny hasnt blown up even with just that burnout you did, let alone the NLTS. Stock axles should have broken by now, that's a crazy run man. I wonder what my tranny will do stock with the hx-40 on it..

I have a question you said you were achieving full boost @ 5000rpms?? with an hx-35 you must be running a T3 mani over the stock twinscroll or something??If so what flow are you seeing out of it and what boost level, because I may downgrade to the hx-35 until I get my stroker built or too see if it can reach my goal more effeciently.

Lemme know

Wheres your helmet? That's a laid back track. I'm surprised your stock tranny hasnt blown up even with just that burnout you did, let alone the NLTS. Stock axles should have broken by now, that's a crazy run man. I wonder what my tranny will do stock with the hx-40 on it..

I have a question you said you were achieving full boost @ 5000rpms?? with an hx-35 you must be running a T3 mani over the stock twinscroll or something??If so what flow are you seeing out of it and what boost level, because I may downgrade to the hx-35 until I get my stroker built or too see if it can reach my goal more effeciently.

Lemme know

They asked me to get a helmet after this pass but it was my last one anyone. The track is very laid back though, they dont even pop the hood when getting tech'd in. I think the tranny and axles will be fine as long as I don't wheel hop. The tires spin in first and a little in second so I guess that relives some of the load on the drivetrain.

I do have the stock backhousing and the boost is set by gear..1st: 20lbs, 2nd: 27lbs, 3rd & 4th: 35+lbs. Even though I have boost by gear setup through DSMlink, it's still hard to control the boost. Im not sure of the flow #s as I'm on speed density.

I see, damn so theres a negative for me if I switch to SD. But if you have boostest matched with actual and wideband matched with afrest, wouldn't you be perfectly calibrated to log airflow and it should be accurate? That is how I get my reading, although maybe it is because I run MAF and SD is completely different? I read about it and it do not seem that hard if you have a MAF to start tuning with.

Anyways sorry to get off topic, but good job, next time we should hit up the track and plan something for dsmers here in sofla.

I think you're right about everything being perfectly calibrated. Its just not a big deal to me to know the flow #s. I rather go to the track or dyno if I want to know.

We should definitely get some people together at the track. I know a few DSMs down south here in broward that would be willing. PM with your #. We hit the streets a couple nights a week. No boring meets though, just racing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back