The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2g Fuse box relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopefully this will help out a lot of you who are attempting fuse box relocation, pointers and corrections are welcome.Also if youre relocating 1g fuse box it is the same concept but some things may vary.

Here is how I and my brother (dirty dsm) relocated his fuse box
The 2g harness has 38 wires

Things you will need

-notebook to keep track of everything and as back up

-10mm socket to remove stock cables from the fuse box

-sharpie or other writing utensil to label the wires

-wire cutters (razor blade will do) for cutting wires,wire loom.

-small object such as a small pick for depinning connectors

-masking tape to label the wires

-some type of sleeving to cover the wiring (I prefer braided sleeving)

-wire strippers

-cutting tool any type to cut the sleeving (preferably a hot knife which won't cause splitting of the sleeving)

-small screw drivers and flat heads

-Electrical Tape

-lighter or heat gun for heat shrink

-soldering gun

-number stickers (you buy these at radio shack or home depot there a small notepad of sticker numbers)

-soldering wire

-I used 4 gauge wire for the fuse box and 2 gauge for the battery.
(I do not remember off the top of my head how much wire was used but we extend the wire harness with extra length just in case.)

Let's get started

-First label and write what it is or goes to and remove ever connecter in the engine bay

-remove fire wall plug to take out harness

-label and unplug connectors and ecu connectors on the inside of the cab

- you should be able to remove the entire harness now

-If you are mounthing the fuse box in the glove box like we did you will need to drill a hole through the back of glove box (not mandatory)

-Now cut the wire harness at desired location and length ( MAKE sure you label the wires before you cut them label 1 on one side of the wire then label 1 on the opposite side of the same wire, or (A to A B to B)etc.

-try to match the wires with the same gauge (to make things easier try to color match them also)

-when you cut the harness and find a spot to mount it go over your work and notes to make sure you did not miss anything, you want to match the small wires to the same gauge and larger wire to larger gauge.

-soldering time Now that you have cut the wire put the proper size heat shrink over the wire before you solder. Solder the two wires together and leave the labels intact, heat shrink where you soldered.

- Leave where you soldered the wires together just in case there is a problem you can go back and fix it easily.

-once you mounted the fuse box and finished soldering everything double check your work (make sure you soldered the right wires together, heat shrieked, right gauge wire)

-now wrap your harness and wires with the sleeving (remember to leave where you soldered bare)

-route the plugs and wires where you want them ( I prefer routing them individually makes it easier to hide them.

-hook up the battery make sure all your grounds are good before hand
-again go over everything to make sure you got everything right, last thing you want is an electrical fire.

Now that you have looked over everything and everything is good, start your car check your blinkers, lights, radio, etc. are working correctly.

-last thing give yourself a well-earned pat on the back and step back to admire your work.

Here is a link for the sleeving
-self braided sleeving (same stuff I used but ordered it of eBay got more than enough for under 25$.
150' of TechFlex, 1/2 " Self Wrapping Split Braided Sleeving- Fire retardant

Wish I had better pictures
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Untitled by Josh865214, on Flickr

Lost the pictures on my computer so got them off my Flickr

Here is the harness after soldering everything and trimming the extra length wires off.

And here is the finished product

How the bay looks now that the ugly fuse box is gone

1g engine harness diagram
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/fre...2g-fuse-box-diagrams-cover-diagram-fuses.html

happy boosting
Dirty dsm & dsmtwins2g

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back