The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G front upper tubular suspension arms / wishbones adjustable (NOW CLOSED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just a small update, im now having the tubes Mandrel bent to make it more uniform plus its kinda nicer on the finish! as when i bend them i sometimes get a small kink which is fine and wont decrease strength etc but i now feel like a mandrel will be much nicer overall!

so i am working with someone now getting it drawn up for him to start making these and once these come in I will start cutting and shaping them on the jig

Inner shafts are staring to be made now then once these are done the outer ones next along with the spacers and upper locating inserts,
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

All inner shafts are done and the roll center spacers and top hat locators, now the outer shafts are in progress. Once they are complete all this lot can go to get its hybrid plating.

After that the bushes i weld on are up.
The .andrel bends are paid for and just waiting on 2 samples to see what one i like best, then the batch of them shall be done, when these turn up i can get cutting and welding

As before im going to split the batch in halfs to make it a bit easier on mysend for space etc, so when 1 batch is at the coaters i shall make the 2nd batch and then get the first batch out the door and then get back to the 2nd bach,
Just helps with space at my home and means less chance of them getting damaged by moving them out the way all the time.

Final thing is all the hardware has been ordered and should be here next week.

All the 24T shafts and such are done and shall be making there way to be hybrid coated next week, so in a few weeks they shall all be done and back to me,

The tube for the bends are in and im awaiting my sample bends coming next week for testing, soon after that i shall get the bends in and i can finally start welding them up!

hey guys,

not really a huge update but one none the less,
the shafts will be a few weeks before they get back to me which is no worries on that one,

the sample tubes are going to be with me monday and i was advised it should be about 1 week once i give to go ahead,

sorry for the slight delay but its in progress, everything else is sorted and once the tubes are here im able to get cracking and making them.

Thanks Bobby

So what are the odds these could be in our hands before July1st?? It sounds like it won't be possible but I'm just curious. I have a couple of national autocross events I will be going to July4th to the 9th and would be cool to be rocking these. All your other parts I have are holding up well to the 275 Hoosier A7s I got this year. Thanks for making these and can't wait, just like everyone else haha.

So what are the odds these could be in our hands before July1st?? It sounds like it won't be possible but I'm just curious. I have a couple of national autocross events I will be going to July4th to the 9th and would be cool to be rocking these. All your other parts I have are holding up well to the 275 Hoosier A7s I got this year. Thanks for making these and can't wait, just like everyone else haha.
Honestly not likely, sorry dude.

Hello folks,

Sample tubes came in, all checked and OK'd, now thats done i gotta wait for the order to come in which i was told 7-10days,

The shafts will be bsck next week from nickel / zinc coating which was a bit quicker then they said so thanks to them for the fast turnaround time,

More updates as it develops folks,

Thanks Bobby

All the front upper arm parts are back from the coating.

Bobby if you had to guess when might be the earliest these ship out?
As a guess if all goes well the start of August for the first half, then maybe a month after that fir the remainder.

Hello everyone, i have been informed i should be getting all the bends this week!! Lets hope its true and i do so i can then get on with these for you all.

Great news!!! The bends are in!!! I shall get started on these at the weekend.

At this rate you might beat my damn enkeis
I need these first anyways
We will see, are they coming from Japan? They work alot faster then me as they have a huge team LOL,

Right progress time finally.

Now the bends are in i went into work today and started to get them all cut down to size ready for milling. After milling i got to cut 1 tube down to size since i need the length to hold into when in the clamp.

One is finished and checked as i make sure my cuts are correct lengths and it scallops ok and correctly, now for the rest LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back