The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G front pair of (door) thermo formed poly-carbonate windows (2 windows)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Hey everyone.

Way Back in 2019 (so a while ago) I did the rear formed hatch poly window which was a great success and people loved it for fitment and quality I could offer for the window! Now im back with another window set from the same company as the rear one.

Just to confirm although im setting this up here you will be buying direct from the company here in the UK! It saves you money since its direct and also its bespoke to your design requirements etc etc. Just another thing I can do for you all and help the community out as always!!

After i did the rear i was asked about the fronts for the doors and at that time I had nonplans to do fronts nor form them, Mine were originally a one off for me and flat for my needs but a few have wanted some formed / curved ones they can use and wind the windows up/down but lose some weight at the same time etc.

What this means is, those that wish to remove some weight of glass but also be able to roll the windows up and down then this is for you! They will be HARD COAT only due to the up/down motion.
These are going to be formed the the exact oem glass shape, curve and size in 4mm thick which is pretty much half the weight of the oem glass!

They can also do them in 5mm thick also for those wanting a bit more stiffness vs 4mm.

Bare in mind poly is flexible but very strong so if your worried about flexing then opt for the 5mm option but it will weigh a bit more then the 4mm versions. You can also make a frame to attach it to and using clips / springs or bolt it if you require but this is down to the end user and your own prefference! Your only paying for the poly windows only on this!

Should you require "IN" window sliders then of course you cannot roll the windows down but thats an additional cost of about £35 pounds per slider plus fitting but you can discuss this with them at the time of ordering your windows.

The 4mm thick door windows that will be thermo formed will be £225
5mm will be £245

Shipping is based on shipping address but a rough idea i have from them is £85 but may differ depending on your location or if you order more then 1 set!

When you contact them please mention my name, Bobby ( Eclipse ) so he knows you got the details from me directly.

Contact via website or call. https://www.acwmotorsportplastics.co.uk/contact-us-[1].html

Any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Fyi at the time i write this im planning my trip to drop the glass off to them by the end of Jan 2022! Once thats done then they can form it and make the mold they need. Orders can be taken before this but be aware they wont ship till they have made the mold from my glass

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I love this idea i'm just not sure if i'm ready to lose the ability to roll my windows down.
Did you read the listing? Im doing this so people can still use the window like it is already used by having the ability to go up and down. Thats the whole point of this post due to a few member wishing for that exact ability

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back