The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Flatout Suspension CS Dampers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
So this is way overdue, but I want to give my review of Flatout Suspensions Highest end damper, the CS, from a Street/Race perspective.

As the other review on 2G Flatout suspension stated, the initial reaction upon receiving them was phenomenal. When opening the box, each Coilover was individually packaged in its own box, with the packing peanuts contained in a bag themselves, which is very much appreciated. The shocks look amazing, and the finish is great on every piece.

The Dampers I received have the external reservoir to help keep the fluid cool during harsh track abuse. This makes installation a lil more complex as the reservoir has to be placed in a precise spot to be able to allow the suspension to articulate without snagging the reservoir on the bottom of the frame rail. For the front the best place I could find to mount the reservoir was on the shock perch itself. For the rears, I used two extra locking collars to lock the reservoir mount in place to keep it from turning under compression and rebound. They also utilize helper springs which is hard to come by for our platform.

Another cool feature with all their dampers are the Pillow ball uppers.. they are completely rebuildable.. so for those who are hard on suspensions, this can save money in the long run..

I opted for custom spring rates to meet my track needs, I have been running 1k lb springs in the front and 600 lb springs in the rear. This has proven to be a great compromise between street and track.

On the street, they are stiff but subtle, body roll is minimal, but yet they absorb bumps very nicely with plenty of rebound control. The custom valving they provided worked out perfectly, giving a great range of damping preference. Mine are a little stiffer than most would want solely due to my increased spring rates. They feel very predictable, never feeling bouncy, or erratic, and the sharp bumps/potholes feel surprisingly mild. I was previously on Koni Yellow with GC coils on 600lb front 550lb rear and they were harsh... sharp bumps such as a bridge joist would unsettle the car, and rough roads would shake you apart.. but not these, even with much stiffer springs, the damper performance is a night and day difference.

On the track I was absolutely blown away at the quality of these dampers.... I recently ran my talon at Super Lap Battle COTA. This track is 3.49 miles long with 20 turns. Its the only Formula 1 track in the United States, needless to say it is a very technical, high speed track. I was quite nervous about the rumble strips at this track as they are known for upsetting cars and putting them into the wall. Well with the Flatout suspension setup, the rumble strips felt like nothing more than the reflectors that divide lanes on a city street. The grip that these provide with the huge amounts of droop built in is amazing, the tires never leave the ground, even running massive race tires, at speeds up to 172 mph and corners of various angles and speeds.

To sum it up, Flatout Suspension works, and works very very well. Their customer service was absolutely top notch, even answering questions after hours promptly. The ride comfort and quality are far superior to any other setup I have had the pleasure to run, or even ride in in the 17 years I have owned DSM's. If you want an affordable street and race setup, and want to stay in a reasonable price range this is the setup to go with... hands down!

If you have any questions regarding install, or anything else, please reach out and I will do my best to answer/help however I can.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back