The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2g Factory Alarm Going Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2006
Canandaigua, New_York
A few months ago, I turned my car off and a GREEN light popped up in my cluster that said SECURITY. Nothing happened after that. Tonight I got home, shut my car off, locked the doors then shut them, and about 30 minutes later, the alarm just started going off! I didn't even think my car had an alarm. The horn was beeping and the 4-ways were flashing. My Dad went out and jiggled the passenger side door handle and it turned off and it hasn't gone off since. Any body have any input? On a side note, my power door locks only work sometimes but I can hear a relay clicking when I try to lock the doors. I gather that the power door locks are tied into an alarm system somehow. I am currently looking for a wiring diagram that might detail a factory alarm system on a 2g.

What exactly is your problem?
It won't start ,I replaced the battery and it's just clicking 1 time all the illuminated lights dim all the way down until I let the key go and it lights up again and the car starts beeping again cuz the door is open.

Okay so im currently having this alarm problem with the security system ill lock my car and then ill go to get in my car ill unlock it with the key i didnt get remotes with the car. but when i open the door the alarm goes off headlights flashing horn going off i unplugged the horn but lights still flash but if the car sits for awhile it will finally shut off need help how do i fix this???

BUMPPPP haha, ok so yea mine is doing the same thing. My fuse for my alarm was removed, I was going to remove it myself before I noticed the previous owner already did, so I decided to add a fuse. Didn't work. So I owned the car for 5-6 months with no issue, now there is one. Everyone saying hit lock twice to arm inside with green light is BS, I hit it once or lock it with my key (no fab, lost along the owners) the green light goes on. That is no issue, I like that. Tells people "hey, I am armed". However I did see somewhere that there is a special alarm horn that is not the regular horn? It has gotten worse, goes off twice a day for no reason. A key fab won't fix my issue, there is no weird wind activating it; it is probably just old wiring. However, if I can just unplug the "stand alone alarm horn" if that exists, then there is my problem fixed! I just cannot leave it unlocked and with my apartment, work, and school; I do not want someone damaging my car due to being annoyed. I put some visible audio equipment in it so I HAVE to lock it.

To be honest with you man, all the locked car doors in the world aren't going to stop you from being robbed if a crack-head decides he wants your stuff, he'll just break the window.

However, behind the kickpanel on the drivers-side is the actual unit responsible for all the shenanigans. Cut the white and green wire, and it'll stop all alarm activity period. If one day you want to re-activate it after fixing the issues with it, just hook the wire back up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back