The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G F&F model but with a twist..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt-s

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2008
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
Ok, so I know F&F version of the 2G eclipse has been around for a while. Most specifically, the AMT version with the 420A. This is not about that kit.

I'm not sure how many here know about this one but I stumbled across it today on aliexpress, of all places. Naturally, it's a bit cheaper on eBay but it still runs pretty pricey due to what I would surmise is rarity.

Yes, it's a green bodied 2G. However, once you start looking at the kit contents and pictures you find a few surprises. Enter, the Revell Germany 07691 (Level 3 kit).

4g63T. AWD. Multiple front and rear bumpers, two hoods, both aftermarket and what looks to be OEM fresh. No moulded-in roof scoop.

At least, that's what the pictures show.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Does anybody know more about it, or have it? I'm seriously close to buying one for the equivalent of about $85CDN just because I've never seen anything else like this anywhere. The convoluted rear suspension is even there.

Of course, I would be nuking all that green in lieu of something else and filling in the wing holes.

already bought one. Slightly cheaper on Amazon.com than eBay and since it's shipped by Amazon I should get a better than random-person-on-ebay packing attempt.
Will update once I get it for impressions.

I meant of this new one LOL

Gotcha. I was just like WTF. Lol

Edit: figured I’d take pictures anyway if anyone was curious. There are two hoods included, one has the little vent hole and the other is clear(that instructions say can be left clear or painted body color). The body itself has no roof vent as pictures show, and I included pictures of all the front and rear bumper variations too. It also has the 4G63T as shown on the new kit.

Only difference I can see is the lack of clear stuff and the body/bumpers are molded green on the new kit.

Last edited:
Ok good to know. I wonder why they strayed from the actual FF car..
Totally overpaying for it but that's what you get for not buying one when it was actively produced and thus cheaper

I meant of this new one LOL
Just search revell 07691 on ebay, amazon, AliExpress.. wherever you wish to purchase from.

Ok good to know. I wonder why they strayed from the actual FF car..
Totally overpaying for it but that's what you get for not buying one when it was actively produced and thus cheaper

Just search revell 07691 on ebay, amazon, AliExpress.. wherever you wish to purchase from.

I paid like $45-$50USD for this kit so it’s honestly not that much more if you convert it to Canadian Monopoly money.

Yeah I'm not worried.. wife told me to get it. Can't argue with that.
I wonder if they changed anything materially because Revell Germany slapped a different skill level on this newer one. A USA Level 3 would still be snap together ;)

This is USA level 2 and is definitely glue together.

I’ve done a level 5 kit and it was a blast honestly. It was a nascar stock car and the fine details were phenomenal. This was like, 18-20 years ago though. Lol.

Yea I built that same kit probably 20 years ago. It was the molded in white one. I used to do a lot of models when I was young.

I did it a lot when younger, then right before 2020’s BS I got into it again, but got sick of everyone else doing it too and driving all the prices of everything through the roof. I still have a few kits I haven’t finished yet. Lately I’ve been more into Gunpla.

The cool thing is even with bidenflation the prices of model kits in general are going down.

I hope that moniker is sarcasm because inflation is worldwide, it's not constrained to one country or caused by one man and his government in that country.
A head of lettuce in my city is now $5 at walmart of all places.
Blame the corporations that somehow bi*** that supply is low yet yield record profits.

I built this F4 Phantom when I was in college for something to do. I hung it in the corner of my apartment and ran stands of cotton from a hairdresser in to the wall and ran a stinger missile off of one wing on a stiff wire covered in cotton also. It looked bad as hell hanging there. I had it camouflaged and it was very detailed.

I built this F4 Phantom when I was in college for something to do. I hung it in the corner of my apartment and ran stands of cotton from a hairdresser in to the wall and ran a stinger missile off of one wing on a stiff wire covered in cotton also. It looked bad as hell hanging there. I had it camouflaged and it was very detailed.

I haven't build any aircraft or ships yet. I must admit I'm intrigued by them though.

When I was "young", back in the 70's, I built ships and planes as for some reason I was a WWII buff. I built the Blue Angels (4) all on a lightning bolt stand and took 2nd place at a model event. They are all fun. Now we have Nascars and other stuff too. :thumb:

When I was "young", back in the 70's, I built ships and planes as for some reason I was a WWII buff. I built the Blue Angels (4) all on a lightning bolt stand and took 2nd place at a model event. They are all fun. Now we have Nascars and other stuff too. :thumb:

I have the turbo that came off a tug that pulled a blue angel. I’ve actually touched one of their aircraft too. I found out unbeknownst to me that apparently I really effin love aircraft. Specifically fighter jets. I didn’t find this out until I was like almost 30 and we just happened to stop by the DC Air and space museum where they keep the sr71 blackbird and it bit me hard.

Honestly may start doing fighter jets. Damn it Marty. Lol.

Its "therapy" and fun. I detailed everything. I have a love for aircraft also as I wanted to be a pilot and the air force was heavily recruiting me but when I told my dad that they told me I would be in the air in no time, he said "Son, you will NEVER fly, you don't have 20/20 uncorrected vision, they are just wanting to get you signed up...." WTF???
My next trip to the recruiters, I told them what dad said and told them I didn't want to work for liars and left.
In my small town, we have a very nice park and it has a fighter jet on a stand as you enter (see the video, the jet is at 1:37). I have been wanting to get with the Optimist or Kawanas club, whoever is responsible for it, and see if they would be open to the idea of putting LED's on the wing tips, in the cockpit (for ambiance) and some in the afterburner that run on just a 12v battery and would get charged by putting solar cells on the plane (inconspicuasly) to charge durning the day and I can build a circuit (simple) that uses a photo eye, like a night light, to only turn the LED's on at night. I have had this idea on my mind for a few years, I just haven't had the time to run down the folks that maintain the stuff in the park. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back