The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2g eclipse rs spoiler delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel b

Proven Member
Sep 15, 2021
Middletown, Rhode_Island
Does anyone have pictures of a 2g rs with spoiler delete and plugs to cover holes just wondering how it would look before I do it to mine.

Best thing to do would be weld the holes closed. After you painted it that would have the cleanest look and you'd never know the car had a spoiler. Here's a not so great pic I have. I'm still running my spoiler but I took it off when I painted the trunk.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah but I’m probably going to be installing high rise wing later on and would rather patch all those holes up when I repaint.

If you're installing a high rise then you will for sure need to close the holes in the quarter panels and the 2 holes in the center of the hatch. The 4 outer holes in the hatch could possibly be reused. Go ahead and remove the wiring for the 3rd brake light too.

Last edited:
If you're installing a high rise then you only need to close the holes in the quarter panels and the 2 holes in the center of the hatch. The 4 outer holes in the hatch will be reused. Go ahead and remove the wiring for the 3rd brake light too.
Yeah it’s just I’m not experienced at welding nor have the equipment and not really trying to paint the whole quarter panel, or would I just re paint a patch.

I used fiber glass on the bottom of the holes and let it dry then used bondo on the top. I tried welding it and it worked but warped the metal on top so I had to source a completely different trunk lid. Everyone does it differently whatever your comfortable with.

i thought the high turbo spoiler used different mounting holes in the hatch than the low one.
anywayz

check this video on patching the holes easily with solder

Yeah it’s just I’m not experienced at welding nor have the equipment and not really trying to paint the whole quarter panel, or would I just re paint a patch.
Pretty much any way you do it you'll need to run over the top with Bondo or a glazing putty and sand it down, just ro rid of the imperfections. The best way to do something like this is to repaint the entire panel. But I've done some pretty good blending work before. It just depends on your experience with paint and body work.

Funny, I never liked the 2Gb stock high wing on the 97-99 (shopping cart handle), but a stock look has it's own appeal. To each his own. (I have a 2Ga - 95) When the 2Gb style came out, I was seriously thinking about doing the headlight and fog light and front bumper cover conversion for it, but always wanted to keep the 2Ga low wing back end and bumper. Now - so many years later - with the ability to restore it how I want, I have changed my thinking on the front, and want to keep it 2Ga with mostly hidden upgrades for performance and handling.

i thought the high turbo spoiler used different mounting holes in the hatch than the low one.
anywayz
Possibly. It's hard to tell from pictures but the high rise definitely sits closer to the windshield, so the holes may be closer as well. Worst case scenario OP has to drill 4 new holes. Nothing too bad. If somebody with a high rise popped off the interior hatch plastics and took a picture we would know...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back