The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 2g Dual Piston Calipers on a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have done this to 2 of the 3 DSMs I have since I couldn't find the 1g calipers.
It is a very straight forward swap and only requires you to "slit" the brake line holder hole on the strut.
The following are the clips out of my different build threads that show all of the parts needed to make the swap.
Its EASY!
Marty

Post in thread '1990 Mitsubishi GSX'

Post in thread '1992 Talon TSI 6/4 AUTO'
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1992-talon-tsi-6-4-auto.512178/post-153754631

I like that hose except its a HONDA part .... ROFL AND when you guys start to look at all of that 30 year old stuff (metal brake lines, hoses) it ALL needed replaced on everyone of my cars for safety. That little metal line, on my cars, was a rusty mess and I had already blew a back brake metal line so I went with new line all the way to the connection that was going into the engine bay.
Its up to the owner but I am very glad I just replaced it all.

Will they work with the 2g calipers guys? I could use more "holding" clamp at the line.

So is the outlander just a bigger diameter rotor? Trying to hold back the Holset is a handful.

Very good to know! Thanks!!! :thumb:

Nice addition to the thread, thank you guys! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back