The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 2G DSMLink V3. No start help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mean instead if having 180 usec I need to have 870 there?

Log from adjustment. I added the DA deadtime to stock value and it actually idled but still isn't right.

Attachments

• lastidle.elg
    10.1 KB · Views: 59
Yes, I did and sorry misread and thought you had said RC 550's... . But, that is what I ment you need to add the deadtime if using a value like in the ECMlink wiki or else where besides a flowsheet pretty much...

Anyway, Get that wideband addressed and logging right or anything you are doing is going to be negated... .

Last edited:
Yes, I did and sorry misread and thought you had said RC 550's... . But, that is what I ment you need to add the deadtime if using a value like in the ECMlink wiki or else where besides a flowsheet pretty much...

Anyway, Get that wideband addressed and logging right or anything you are doing is going to be negated... .

What do you mean by the wrong switching point? Are you saying that everything seems connected properly but it's a issue within dsmlink settings? I'm not sure exactly what needs to be changed.

According to the table in this link, your switching point doesn't match one of the recommended values for an AEM wideband.
v3narrowbandsim [ECMTuning - wiki]

Those are good starting points. However, the way I did it which I believe is the recommended way as well was to either have the car running off the factory front o2 sensor while logging the appropiate RAW value for your wideband. Then just let it idle while in closed loop (stoich) for a few minutes and then you can just get an average from the log of what voltage is the right switch point. In my case, I didn't have a front o2 so I just locked it in open loop and set the AFR around 14.7 and just logged it like that. Got my switchpoint and voila! By the way my switchpoint was 2.45v.

Here it is quoted directly from the link:

"The help file included with the ECMLink application goes into detail about the process of configuring the NBO2 sim tab for your own setup. Please refer to this for more information. The best way to determine your own switch point is to datalog the wideband kit while running closed loop off a stock narrowband sensor and then simply take an average of the raw wideband voltage (available in the datalog as a Raw value) while the narrowband sensor is cycling normally. You can select such an area in your datalog with the mouse and then right click and do a “Selection→Average” to have the application average the values for you."

@Abdo4GST, just go over this and make sure your switch point is correct or it can be causing some problems.

Simplest way for MOST AEM gauges to fine lambda 1 (14.7:1) or the switching point is to simply disconnect the gauges wideband sensor as the gauge with default to The needed value just need to reference the raw voltage in the Log.(first part of my link below) There are a few that don't but with some common sense it's not to hard to figure out.

Any AEM gauge I would go thru the trouble of "calibrating it" Or making sure that the Signal is reading correctly in the logs as a liner wideband and matches. Being they are plagued with grounding issues and rarely output anything that matches the White papers. not to mention not al or ECU input play nice as well.

I won't get to much into the NB sim and all that or placement as that is a whole can of other worms.
But I'll say if you have a front stock o2 leave it unless it's 1000% not feasible. I see too many people run N/b sim. Just to run it and can't figure out all sorts of other issues or get a good start because they are using false reading and wrong switching points.

Most of what I have seen is flawed or has some downsides as methods to get them to line up.

But here is a thread on the Link Forums that I added my $0.02 on and has the method I came up with and use.

ECMTuning User Support Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplest way for MOST AEM gauges to fine lambda 1 (14.7:1) or the switching point is to simply disconnect the gauges wideband sensor as the gauge with default to The needed value just need to reference the raw voltage in the Log.(first part of my link below) There are a few that don't but with some common sense it's not to hard to figure out.

Any AEM gauge I would go thru the trouble of "calibrating it" Or making sure that the Signal is reading correctly in the logs as a liner wideband and matches. Being they are plagued with grounding issues and rarely output anything that matches the White papers. not to mention not al or ECU input play nice as well.

I won't get to much into the NB sim and all that or placement as that is a whole can of other worms.
But I'll say if you have a front stock o2 leave it unless it's 1000% not feasible. I see too many people run N/b sim. Just to run it and can't figure out all sorts of other issues or get a good start because they are using false reading and wrong switching points.

Most of what I have seen is flawed or has some downsides as methods to get them to line up.

But here is a thread on the Link Forums that I added my $0.02 on and has the method I came up with and use.

ECMTuning User Support Forums

Disconnecting the sensor actually seems like a very good idea, never thought of that. But I have setup NB simulation in link for many people using AEM widebands and my method always works. Never have had an issue. Now, that's me and you. Some people don't understand this as easily.

I understand what you are saying.

The method, I describe there in the link just is the most foolproof way I have Other people do it on there own to get me the info I need and takes away any variables the car might add in. :)

Anyway back on topic I suppose.

I understand what you are saying.

The method, I describe there in the link just is the most foolproof way I have Other people do it on there own to get me the info I need and takes away any variables the car might add in. :)

Anyway back on topic I suppose.

Yeah, wast just actually reading through the thread now. Good info, I had never stumbled across it on the ECMTuning forums.

This log doesn't show much, but here's what I accomplished today.

1. Found and fixed a vacuum leak on the TB, was causing my ISCPosition to have issues.
2. Cleaned wideband sensor, filled tank with fresh 93.
3. Found out that my wideband was being logged from the settings of a different AEM sensor, so I researched and tried out the Linear function, chose settings similar to others, seems to be almost directly accurate with my physical gauge now. However, still won't get very close to the AFR Est link value.

I found that if I increased the injbattery table, I could actually run off of -40.6% global, but my ISC is too high. I've been adjusting global, biss screw, and injbattery settings to try to get as close as I can to ISC = 30, and AFREst close to my wideband. It seems impossible. If I get the AFR and wideband close, then my ISC is up to 100. Anyone see what I'm missing based on that log? I recorded 2 15 min logs or so and just kept going back and forth with the settings and biss screw, this is just the absolute last thing I captured. The ISC is at 61 here, but seemed to be going down more I just had to call it quits for the night.

I feel as if the injbattery DA table still isn't right and that's the main part I have to adjust before anything else. Without it being higher than 12v - 1395 (Data from RC) it seems like it will barely run unless global is at 0%.

Does it seem more likely that my injbatteryadj settings aren't right? I think I've done as much with the wideband as I could, but I don't exactly get why the ISCPosition changes so quickly from adjusting the fuel settings (I tapped it with a hammer, nothing happened. Seemed to adjust itself properly with the screw after I replaced vac blockoff).

Sorry about the jumble of everything in this post, I'm just trying to input every logical thing I can think of.

Does it look like I fixed my wideband issue at least?

I see Nothing for anyone to look at to say... .

Wow.. I'm guessing the last time I tried to add the log files something went wrong.. That's so frustrating, sorry!

Attachments

• log.2013.06.09-03.elg
    9.4 KB · Views: 98
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back