The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2G DSMLINK stopped working.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxrtalon

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
Harrison, Michigan
I have been messing around under the dash with my cd player and wiring and now my dsmlink wont let me log. It worked fine before I started messing around where the cd player harness is. I did not disconnect any wires or anything.......maybe something got knocked loose or something? I click the "capture" button to start to log and a seperate screen comes up reading........."Failed: 'java.io.IOException: Command timed out'

Does anyone know what this means or have any idea why this is happening. Thanks

Solution
Im checkin it today, i'll post back.

Radio fuse was blown, thanks GILZ!!

I checked fuses yesterday but not the right ones. I just overlooked the radio fuse ### of the yellow box that was around it. Thanks.
Try switching from COM3 to COM5 or the opposite. Its happened to me before too.

yeah usually if it says its "timed out" you have to try switching to different COM's and see which one works.

Open the link and go EDIT>Options>Configure then there is different com ports to try.

hope this helps

Thanks for the help guys.......Ill keep you posted if it works for me. Thanks

well, today I tried to switch the com ports....I switched from com1 to com2 I believe. And another problem came up. I believe command failed or something like that. I will make sure and post it when I get back in my car. Is it possible that something got un hooked or something? Maybe the dia port rattled off, I havent checked that yet? Let me know what you guys think.

I switched to com2 and tried to "capture" a log and a window came up saying .......comm drive error. Anyone have this happen?

post up on the dsmlink forums, there is great support there. The only problems ive ever had with my link was the "connection timed out" error, and that was because i had the wrong adaptor and the wrong com selection... Try asking over there im sure someone can help.

danny

I tried going to the dsmlink forums but it wont let me. I think I have a short somewhere........since Im not getting power to my cd player I think maybe there is a short causeing the dsmlink to not log. This is the only thing I can think of. All fuses are ok, I checked all wire connections. Im stumped.

No one has had this problem before?

check all your grounds in the ecu/radio area... maybe something isnt grounded.....????????

i really couldnt tell you, im not that great at guessing 2g problems. Have you tried all your com ports? Search dsmlink forums for similar problems...

danny

I had this problem. Check the radio fuse under the hood in that fuse box. Should be the ones in the yellow things. let me know if this works

GILZ.......you had the same problem with the dsmlink not logging? Or just no power to the radio?

Danny,

I cant log on to the dsmlink forums.......says administrator has put a lock down.

Im checkin it today, i'll post back.

Radio fuse was blown, thanks GILZ!!

I checked fuses yesterday but not the right ones. I just overlooked the radio fuse ### of the yellow box that was around it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
No problem, I remember how aggrevating it was trying to figure out and how nobody on here would help me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back