The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G DSMers chime in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
As many of you know, I’ve been producing front lower control arms for the 2G DSM cars for many years. Hundreds of sets built. I’ve been able to work around most price increases on materials over the years and have kept the price of these mostly flat. We took a huge price increase on balljoints 6 months ago and I painfully absorbed it. Well, I just took another even larger price increase on them today. Huge. And the balljoints are the single most expensive component in this build.

I’m making this post to gauge if you guys want to see Volk Metal Craft to continue to produce these. With the balljoints now costing 2.5 times what they did a year ago, we have no choice but to greatly raise the price on these. Just the balljoint studs alone have gone from $27 to $90 each… And that’s just 1 of 20 components used to build one of these arms…

So what say you? Will DSMers still be interested in these if the price on a set goes from $555 to $670? Will there be a demand for me to keep building them? I'd love to hear your opinion.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I already have a set but if I needed to purchase another, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them at that price. They are quality pieces and I believe you're the only one who makes them. Everything is going up in price so these increases are pretty much expected.

I've purchased a set but I would like to think that the cost increase is still worth it. As fourgsixty3 said, you are the only one making these parts. I don't know how the business side of things work but could you only offer them as a once a year group buy to gauge if they are worth making in batches? That way you don't have to stock up on the ball joints not knowing if you'll have orders to fulfill.

Is it possible to still snag a set at the old price? Been holding off on some parts until I get to that stage in the build, but if I can save some money on them NOW then I will snag a set now.

Is it possible to still snag a set at the old price? Been holding off on some parts until I get to that stage in the build, but if I can save some money on them NOW then I will snag a set now.
I don't have any laying around. I do these via group buy only. And the next time I build them, they're going to cost me about $150/set more than they did a year ago.

But I will say, even with the price increase I just took, there's nothing stopping these materials costs from rising even more. The next GB very well may be even higher yet. So if you do want a set, don't wait.

I don't have any laying around. I do these via group buy only. And the next time I build them, they're going to cost me about $150/set more than they did a year ago.

But I will say, even with the price increase I just took, there's nothing stopping these materials costs from rising even more. The next GB very well may be even higher yet. So if you do want a set, don't wait.

Yeah that’s what I was getting at. How do I get a set as soon as possible LOL?? Is there a group buy going on currently??

I have a set and love them. One day I’ll need a set for the wife’s spyder but not currently. However if you were to ever announce a final run of LCA’s I’ll get in on that regardless of price and throw them on the shelf till I need them.

I have a set from the first group on a DD. How serviceable are the wearing parts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back