The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g DSM paddle shifter setup (07-15 Outlander assy + ForcedFour)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freshlane

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Decided to add paddle shifters to my ForcedFour 'setup'. The outlander assy pretty much bolts up if you fab a bracket. It is a 3 wire setup at the paddle assy harness. Ground the black. The other two wires complete circuit to that ground when activated. Not really doing a write up as it is pretty self explanatory. I more so wanted to share the information. Excuse the 'highschool' level drafting (dimensions of Outlander assy (seen from bottom)). Hopefully I get around to 3d printing a nice cover.

Attachments

• 20200629_170839.jpg
    20200629_170839.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 20200629_172321.jpg
    20200629_172321.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20200629_190313.jpg
    20200629_190313.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 226
This is amazing. Love how creative all the dsm guys are.

It is definitely a platform that welcomes it. I can honestly say large parts of my life revolved around fundamentals learned through my years of DSM ownership, maintenance, and modification.

Added video of shifter assy working.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Bottom view of assy when zip tied in place. Great view of how easily bracket can be fabricated

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I have Evo X paddles and they seem the same as this. Once I go auto in the mirage I plan to use these full-time for driving, semi auto paddle mode.

I have another DSM, auto 99, and I'm prolly gonna put a set on that as well once I get time to wire it all up. That one will have the TCM switch for non paddle mode as well

I have Evo X paddles and they seem the same as this. Once I go auto in the mirage I plan to use these full-time for driving, semi auto paddle mode.

I have another DSM, auto 99, and I'm prolly gonna put a set on that as well once I get time to wire it all up. That one will have the TCM switch for non paddle mode as well
It would be really sweet to have a write up on this. From what I understand you just have to hog out the inside of the shift paddle assembly to fit over our clock spring. You need longer bolts/screws as well. Obviously need to trim the plastic column pieces and wire it in. When ever I get around to auto swaping, I will be doing this for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back