The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G DSM on Bring a Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greddy_1700

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2006
Regina, SK_Canada
Hey,

Figured I would share this one as well now.

This gorgeous 2G is for sale on bring a trailer, and it was painstakingly restored by the same builder who put together the record setting 1g that sold a couple months ago (that went for $46K). This car is about as perfect as it gets, just unreal. Also he has a bunch of videos of it on his Youtube channel worth checking out. Will be really interested to see where this one goes, still has 6 days left and is already at $20K!

Dang, Saskatchewan is the absolute last place I'd expect to see DSM gems. I've never seen this one around, what a shame.

looks like the guy bidding on it is not even a DSM owner as he bids on more NSx's then anything else it seems so he must see these as an investment for the future or is a reseller

I both love and hate this guy(seller). I love that his DSMs went for a good price as it might indicate these cars being collectibles(so STOP SELLING TO DSM JUNKYARDS!!) but I hate him because everyone with a junker dsm wants $15,000 firm I know what I got.

Yeah he's a good guy, and very informative! but he also has plenty of $$ and is bleeding the mitsubishi oem parts warehouses dry by doing these restorations! Especially on the 1st gens!

It’s not just him. There are members here on this site that hoarded parts and refused to sell any only to lose them all. There was a guy local to me in FL that would go around and buy literally anything DSM related(whole cars, engines, parts) and refused to sell or give any to anyone. He had a literal junkyard sized yard with dsm stuff and three storage sheds of parts. When he decided to move he didn’t tell a soul and just called the city and sent everything to the county scrap heap who obviously will not sell anything to anyone either.

Greedy ass DSM owners are entirely why we are here. There are two types. One hoards parts they don’t need just because they are rare, knowing they’ll never use them. The other is the greedy cheap ass who refuses to pay good money for quality parts.

It’s what killed the scene and continues to stomp it out. Not even including the greedy aholes who will go around buying clean DSMs only to part them out and crush them.

Yeah he's a good guy, and very informative! but he also has plenty of $$ and is bleeding the mitsubishi oem parts warehouses dry by doing these restorations! Especially on the 1st gens!
I read his listing and pretty much nothing under the hood is oem, so what are you specifically referring to.

His other 1G was built over a period of 10-15 years, so not like he stockpiled all of the last original parts as soon as they came up.

It’s not just him. There are members here on this site that hoarded parts and refused to sell any only to lose them all. There was a guy local to me in FL that would go around and buy literally anything DSM related(whole cars, engines, parts) and refused to sell or give any to anyone. He had a literal junkyard sized yard with dsm stuff and three storage sheds of parts. When he decided to move he didn’t tell a soul and just called the city and sent everything to the county scrap heap who obviously will not sell anything to anyone either.

Greedy ass DSM owners are entirely why we are here. There are two types. One hoards parts they don’t need just because they are rare, knowing they’ll never use them. The other is the greedy cheap ass who refuses to pay good money for quality parts.

It’s what killed the scene and continues to stomp it out. Not even including the greedy aholes who will go around buying clean DSMs only to part them out and crush them.
To be fair, before I exited Facebook many of the cars I seen parted by the part out guys were rotted beyond being worth fixing, the ones that weren’t were sold off as rolling shells for someone else to have a shot at building their dream, none of those guys were junking good shells with valid titles. It was often they got accused of doing so because a circle of jackasses would always comment “it’s so clean, YoU’rE rUiNiNg DsM’s!!” as a car always looks better in pictures and you can’t notice some real major rust issues, so they started taking pictures of non existent rocker panels and holes various places to show the shell wasn’t worth putting $10k+ in rust repair work at the body shop, yet they’d still have those argue it. Not saying it to down talk you but the partout game is a 2 way street. If I were to ever sell mine I assure you I’d sell it in pieces for way more before I’d take a huge loss selling it whole just to keep a dsm complete so someone else can buy it and part it and make a bunch of money on it anyway.

To be fair, before I exited Facebook many of the cars I seen parted by the part out guys were rotted beyond being worth fixing, the ones that weren’t were sold off as rolling shells for someone else to have a shot at building their dream, none of those guys were junking good shells with valid titles. It was often they got accused of doing so because a circle of jackasses would always comment “it’s so clean, YoU’rE rUiNiNg DsM’s!!” as a car always looks better in pictures and you can’t notice some real major rust issues, so they started taking pictures of non existent rocker panels and holes various places to show the shell wasn’t worth putting $10k+ in rust repair work at the body shop, yet they’d still have those argue it. Not saying it to down talk you but the partout game is a 2 way street. If I were to ever sell mine I assure you I’d sell it in pieces for way more before I’d take a huge loss selling it whole just to keep a dsm complete so someone else can buy it and part it and make a bunch of money on it anyway.

Yeah, I’m speaking from experience though. I’ve lived in the same neck of the woods as Stevie Miller from Miller Import Parts and he would go around bidding up any local DSMs just to part them out and crush them. I personally got snaked out of a GST that was clean and completely rust free because he bid me up significantly. (Soon as he got it he stripped it and crushed it and refused to sell the shell) I can’t counter offer someone willing to pay double my offer in cash who will show up and tow the car away too. He does this a LOT too.

People like Ricky Nichols are awesome. He does everything he can to NOT crush a DSM and still makes money from partouts and stuff. He saves them because he’s a dsm enthusiast. Where as people like Miller are honestly just out for cash and don’t care who they screw over or how many DSMs they crush because they at the end of the day DONT LIKE DSMS.

So they aren’t all bad. But the main ones are 100% the reason it’s getting harder and harder to find a clean one that’s fairly priced. And why parts are drying up. Why buy brand new Mitsubishi parts when I can pay this sleazeball for a used part from a junkyard? Cause—> effect.

Also: no judgement on partouts. There’s a difference between a private guy getting his moneys worth of his build, and the greaseshark who just wants to make money.

Point of pride that I’ve had some of these dudes try to buy some of my DSMs that I’ve sold and I always refused the offer. Clean conscience ftw!

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m speaking from experience though. I’ve lived in the same neck of the woods as Stevie Miller from Miller Import Parts and he would go around bidding up any local DSMs just to part them out and crush them. I personally got snaked out of a GST that was clean and completely rust free because he bid me up significantly. (Soon as he got it he stripped it and crushed it and refused to sell the shell) I can’t counter offer someone willing to pay double my offer in cash who will show up and tow the car away too. He does this a LOT too.

People like Ricky Nichols are awesome. He does everything he can to NOT crush a DSM and still makes money from partouts and stuff. He saves them because he’s a dsm enthusiast. Where as people like Miller are honestly just out for cash and don’t care who they screw over or how many DSMs they crush because they at the end of the day DONT LIKE DSMS.

So they aren’t all bad. But the main ones are 100% the reason it’s getting harder and harder to find a clean one that’s fairly priced. And why parts are drying up. Why buy brand new Mitsubishi parts when I can pay this sleazeball for a used part from a junkyard? Cause—> effect.

Also: no judgement on partouts. There’s a difference between a private guy getting his moneys worth of his build, and the greaseshark who just wants to make money.

Point of pride that I’ve had some of these dudes try to buy some of my DSMs that I’ve sold and I always refused the offer. Clean conscience ftw!
That you are correct on. I’ve had a few dealings with Stevie Miller and the first one they shipped my tail light to a completely different part of the country but it still got shipped and worked out, otherwise the maybe 2 other times were smooth but I’ve seen plenty bad on him with evidence. I won’t discuss my views on religion here but I will say it’s surprising behavior from someone who claims to be religious.

That you are correct on. I’ve had a few dealings with Stevie Miller and the first one they shipped my tail light to a completely different part of the country but it still got shipped and worked out, otherwise the maybe 2 other times were smooth but I’ve seen plenty bad on him with evidence. I won’t discuss my views on religion here but I will say it’s surprising behavior from someone who claims to be religious.

150% agreed on the supposed religious person behaving badly bit as well. Also 150% agree on not discussing religion…anywhere. Lol.

Partouts happen, let me say the foxbody mustang community was much much worse about destroying cars to finish a good build.

At one point the local mustang board did the math and 8 long time members were responsible for parting out and crushing over 450 1979-93 ford mustangs, and that was not accounting for the 3 seperate junkyards that catered for them

My point is, enjoy the process now while you can. Part outs happen as a natural selection process. A car doesnt survive just because it exists, the owner chooses to make it survive or make it die. You can blame the previous owners for killing a car. There are guys out there daily driving and saving 93 geo metro's, where as most of us would just scrap them. Every owner has different motives, cant blame the process

I mean if you havent been in a junkyard to pull parts off a car in the yard that is nicer than yours, and then start questioning your life choices, then boy youve got some experiences ahead of you in life LOL

Last edited:

While I don't want to see any DSM's get crushed either part of it is the fault of the DSM "Fans". If someone parting out a car to make more money is offering more money than someone who wants the car for their own to save it that say a lot.

I've parted cars out after trying to sell them and DSM "FANS" for the most part are a bunch of cheap cry babies. They'll show up and pick everything apart about the car and tell you its not worth shit but then when you turn around and part it out the same guys are crying about ruining a perfectly good car.

Well this thread went an interesting route. Getting back on topic the bids currently at $22.5K, we should start taking bets where this one will land.

2 days left, im thinking this is another one that could hit the mid-high 30's.

I would have to agree with @AWD-Tony that it has to go for more than the 1g went for just due to them being more popular back in the day. I wouldn't be surprised to see mid 40k's or even 50k if the right people get into a bidding war.

I think its definitely going way past 25K seeing as its already at 22.5K. Plus I dont think that a couple of small gaskets are going to deter people when the car itself is that perfect. Guess we will see tomorrow afternoon either way!

Well, 5 hours left. As of now someone is getting a steal on this, but really interested to see the final activity and if we get a bidding war started or not.

Also the drivers side fender fitment and hood alignment is slightly off, and the hood bolts to the hinge are not correct, they are suppose to be body colored bolts. So at the least the drivers fender was replaced and the hood has witness marks.

But thats being pretty nit picky, I just think the sox bolt swap hurts resale value to the general person buying the car its non original

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back