The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g dsm I NEED HELP AND ADVICE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well all I have is the stock oil pressure gauge. So how would you prefer me answer it?

I think from the previous posts you can read that the stock gauges aren't 100% accurate, and he wants you to get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to give him measurements, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye I run castrol gtx. Got ngk iridium plugs and Bosch plug wires today. And just changed the oil too. Castrol gtx 5w-30 and fram high mileage oil filter.
But on the other hand, I guess the next thing I get will be oil pressure gauge and swap it out with my voltage gauge
I just found the vacuum leak I was checking out the egr valve and the vacuum line to it came undone. Hooked it back up and it ran 10x's better. But it kinda idled funny.

Last edited:
well as far as the oil goes o reillys was out of the castrol gtx 10w-30 so i went with 5w-30, im buying another car this weekend and puttin the talon in the garage until next summer so i can mess around with over the winter so i wasnt really worried about it since i wont put over 100 miles on it.
and the spark plugs have actually worked out great it runs alot smoother now. so after the plugs wires and oil change it runs great until i get over 10psi and if it gets over 17-18psi it is horrible

Last edited:
Understandable. I assumed that you had an aftermarket, as everyone i know does. Because it's one of those things you need to have.

Does the 95 tsi come stock with abs and 4 wheel disc brakes? Because under the hood the spot for the fuse for abs there is no fuse, but when I first start my car the abs light stays on until I put down the e brake. I know the brake light comes on because the e brake but not sure about abs.

if your car is awd and automatic it had an option to choose either abs or lsd. and if yours has abs their will be a whole setup for it....if not than you have lsd in the rear

You might be getting fuel cut if you have stock injectors when you get to 17-18 psi.

If u have the abs light chances are you have abs. check your sensors...and yes all turbo model 2g's had all wheel disc brakes....the only 2g that didnt was the rs eclipse and the base model talons

What size Injectors would you suggest? And maybe a walbro 255?
But what I don't get is how under the hood where the fuse for abs should be there isn't one and there's only one post so even if I did put one there it wouldn't do anything

yea i guess it could be fuel cut. but today i put an egr block off on. and im thinking about doing a vacuum delete.

Last edited:
ok so my 1st gen talon has the non turbo 4g63 in it. well of course crank walk is the cause of it sitting in my garage for the past two months. i found a 1.8l out of a 93 eclipse for a good price with a warranty, i was wondering if i could bolt this motor up to the same transmission that is already in the car and if it would use the same mounts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back