The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2g DSM cruise control delete cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

222deuce222

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2014
culpeper, Virginia
I just wanted to notify people of a cable that works since the MB948632 cable is no longer available to delete a 2g dsm cruise control cable.

You can use a cable made by Pioneer and the part number is CA-8919.

I’ve searched for months and found no answers so I thought I would share my fix for the problem!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some research for these also, and here is what I found
Pioneer #8919 - 95+ Galant 71.06" long $44.61 on Amazon
Pioneer #8978 - 1g DSM 70.00" long $79.99 at Summit $65.79 at RockAuto
Pioneer #8989 - 90-94 Mitsu Precis or Hyundia Excel 66.25" long $40.99 at Oreillys
Pioneer #8998 - 92-95 Hyundia 1.6 L 65.55" long $49.99 at Oreillys
And I'm not sure about this one, but I ordered it and will follow up with the information on if it will work or not - Beck/Arnley 0950687 95 Hyundia Elantra (CHEAP)
These all have the same mounting brackets as our DSM's, but I haven't seen the 8989, 8998 or the B/A one. Since I have an original 1g and 2g non-cruise cable in stock at my place, I will update this as soon as the cable comes in.
I can get my local Oreillys to order the cables 8989 and 8998 and compare them without buying, I am pretty sure, unless they are special order.
Marty

Ok, so here is that Beck/Arnley cable from Rock Auto. I wish they had more....I am SURE i can make this work on a DSM if i didn't have a non-cruise cable.
Right one is a 2g. Middle is the 1g and on the Left is a Hyundai Elantra WITH CRUISE cable. It has a slightly larger mounting pad for the firewall, but one hole is exactly the same. Any true DSMer could make it work if they wanted.
Unfortunately, they are not available now or I would have ordered a few more.
Just showing everyone that i looked at just about every model and saw that and "gave it a shot", it was "CHEAP".
Marty

Ok, so here is that Beck/Arnley cable from Rock Auto. I wish they had more....I am SURE i can make this work on a DSM if i didn't have a non-cruise cable.
Right one is a 2g. Middle is the 1g and on the Left is a Hyundai Elantra WITH CRUISE cable. It has a slightly larger mounting pad for the firewall, but one hole is exactly the same. Any true DSMer could make it work if they wanted.
Unfortunately, they are not available now or I would have ordered a few more.
Just showing everyone that i looked at just about every model and saw that and "gave it a shot", it was "CHEAP".
Marty

Great information! I haven’t seen any kind of results for the question on what cable can be used and the question has been asked many of times! Thank you for researching for us!

No problem, I picked up 2 of those 8919 cables also. They were "supposed" to be here yesterday (FedEx delivered, but missed them) but they showed up this morning. I want to compare that # to the 1g and 2g cables also.

Here is a follow up on the 8919 Cable. As you can see in the picture, it is on the OUTSIDE and a non-cruise 2g cable is on the inside.
I guarantee if I had a 2g, the 8919 cable would work. If anyone see's something or notices something that I don't see, chime in please. I was just digging around for parts this morning and came across both cables so I took the time to compare them.
The 2nd picture is the only difference I can see (the firewall mounting pad) is you need to ream the mount holes for a perfect fit. The 8919 holes are just a tad bit farther apart (it is very hard to tell in the picture), but I know it would work in the absence of the correct original part.
Marty

curious how long the beck arnley cable is?
i have a 420a engine that i wanted to delete the cruise control on and it seems like the 70" ones will be far too long. it attaches to the intake on the front side versus the rear like in your picture so i dont really need that extra wrap around the intake

I've used the ATP Y1154 from Summit or Rock Auto on several 2g turbo cars and they've worked perfectly, a little long(65") but I just loop it on the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock cable from the pedal to the cruise control box works too.
Cut off the intake mount from the old cable that runs from the box to the throttle body. Then just use a fuel line clamp to hold the cable to the bracket on the intake. Bend the metal part of the cable at the firewall a bit to make it a smoother bend and you're good to go plus the fuel line clamp adds a little more adjustability if you need it. Been running that setup since 2014 with both the original 7 bolt and 6 bolt both with a stock intake and an aftermarket with the tb clocked. Sounds a little hack but it's not that noticeable and works fine. You could make it look stock if you put a little more effort into it then I did and tack welded the cable to the bracket.

Last edited:
curious how long the beck arnley cable is?
i have a 420a engine that i wanted to delete the cruise control on and it seems like the 70" ones will be far too long. it attaches to the intake on the front side versus the rear like in your picture so i dont really need that extra wrap around the intake
I will dig it out and get a measurement for everyone!
It is very similar in length to the normal DSM cables.

I've used the ATP Y1154 from Summit or Rockauto on several 2g turbo cars and they've worked perfectly, a little long(65") but I just loop it on the firewall.

I just got the ATP Y1154 throttle cable delivered. The bend coming off the firewall is 90 degrees off from the stock cable. If you happen to have a pic, I'd like to see how you routed the cable. I haven't given it a shot yet, but I am considering just returning it and buying the 8919 cable. The ATP was available with faster delivery, so I took a gamble. Unless I am missing something, anyway I could route it would be less than ideal.

I just got the ATP Y1154 throttle cable delivered. The bend coming off the firewall is 90 degrees off from the stock cable. If you happen to have a pic, I'd like to see how you routed the cable. I haven't given it a shot yet, but I am considering just returning it and buying the 8919 cable. The ATP was available with faster delivery, so I took a gamble. Unless I am missing something, anyway I could route it would be less than ideal.
You simply install it 180° out from stock then make a loop against the firewall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back