The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G DSM Billet aluminium brake & clutch fluid reservoir brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a heads up for those who have the Evo 3 intake manifold and want one of these, you have to cut the bracket to bring the reservoir closer to the firewall. The reason is because the Evo 3 IM has a vacuum fitting coming out of the manifold right there so you must shorten how far the bracket sticks out from the firewall. The bracket is beautiful and looks amazing!

Thanks glad you like it!
There's no need to remove any of the lines. You have to bend the brackets up a bit. Just enough to get the lines through the gap and pull it over from the bottom side of the reservoirs.

Thanks glad you like it!
There's no need to remove any of the lines. You have to bend the brackets up a bit. Just enough to get the lines through the gap and pull it over from the bottom side of the reservoirs.
You can bend the billet without breaking it?? I ll take another try tonight. I did not want to force the lines through...

I suppose a gentle pry with a slotted screwdriver could help. I really thought I should avoid prying at the billet incase it cracked.

Last edited:
Got mine on! tricky but they can handle some gentle prying. Went over 1 brake line at a time and moved the clamps; finished 3rd clearing the sensor. Also then cut off the plastic anchor tabs on the middle front and back of the reservoir. Clutch was a bit easier.

A few pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180514_235656_098.jpg
    IMG_20180514_235656_098.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 357
How can I buy the set?
Get rid of your old rusty brake & clutch reservoir brackets and replace it with these new billet aluminium ones!
CNC machined for a direct fit for any 2G DSM.
Available in a polished or mat/sandblasted finish.

Comes with all bolts necessary to bolt it right on.

Price for each bracket - $80 shipped
Price for a set with both brackets - $150 shipped

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a heads up for those who have the Evo 3 intake manifold and want one of these, you have to cut the bracket to bring the reservoir closer to the firewall. The reason is because the Evo 3 IM has a vacuum fitting coming out of the manifold right there so you must shorten how far the bracket sticks out from the firewall. The bracket is beautiful and looks amazing!

Do you have any pictures of what exactly you had to modify? Are you talking cutting and welding it back together?

Do you have any pictures of what exactly you had to modify? Are you talking cutting and welding it back together?

You don't have to weld anything. You simply take the two bolts that hold the back piece to the front circular piece which separates the two. I then trimmed the front circular piece which brings the location of the reservoir closer to the firewall. I used the same original bolt holes to attach the two pieces again with smaller bolts. I wish I had a picture of it but I do not.

If you look at the original picture, you can see where that backplate attached to the front. You trim the side that touches the back plate. It will not be as wide as the back bracket anymore which is fine, it still mounts fine and is rigid.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back