The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2g DIY clear tail lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qpfalmer

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2021
aurora, Colorado
Hello, as most of you may know the highly sought after and very pricey clear tail lights. I have seen multiple online threads and videos on diy clear tails for other cars, but none for the eclipse. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken apart a tail light before i destroy my only pair of taillights. sorry if it’s an obvious answer, but it’s been bugging me for a while. Thanks! Quaid

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a set of the clear Altezza style tail lights, but the cloudy ones with the texture to them like in your picture, I have not seen in person for a long time if at all, I'm not sure how you would go about making something like that.

May be a dead thread but if not, im currently making a set , got the oem set apart and an aftermarket set with a clear lense apart

which set you bought? did you finished this project already? if so, I'd love to see pictures of it!
some weird pod ones , separated the lenses and attached them to the oem housings after chrome paint , honestly ddidnt like the look with out the diffuser or frosting of the inside of the lenses , took them off till i redo them or find oem ones

it looks sickkk!!! I love it, was it this the ones that you took the clear plastic from?
those will work , it’s any clear lenses , just a lot of patience and heat! did i mention patience? 🤣

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back