The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

General 2g damn afc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleyard777

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2005
Cleveland, Tennessee
well hooked my safcII up last night rechecked the wiring multiple times, this thing is not working for me, after i installed it my car wont rev over 2k, it revs to 2k stutters like its hitting a stutter box, shooting out smoke, at a red light my eyes started burning its running so rich, no matter how i change it in lo and hi 50% up and down it doesnt change a thing, its like its not responding, even if i zero it out, had a friend thats familiar with these take a look at it and recheck the wiring, and tryed to tune it didnt change a thing... possibly a faulty afc?? i followed the prostreet directions to a T

http://diy.prostreetonline.com/howto/showarticle.asp?articleid=25

Are the tps and rpm's showing up on the afc? Are you positive you didn't switch the mas wires?

1st off: shame on prostreetonlinedotcom for making such a crappy write up.. kudos to www.vfaq.com !!!

one question..

Did you go into settings..

and choose the Maf as KARMAN ?? did you select 4 cyl,and did you select throttle type as being the selection pointing diagonaly to the top right?

i bet you didnt choose the right maf..

if your afc is correctly connected..it should show 3Hz on the monitor screen when you turn on the ignition.

edit..nice pics..but the safc wiring on vfaqs is better ..go to vfaqs.com, then electrical, then youll see a list of faqs on the afc in a 2g..pick the second one..very straight forward

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

heres the pic..

please follow the didagram carefully, note the positions of the clips on the pluggs for the ecu, each connector is a diferent size and different pin counts..so you cant get it wrong

remeber ,the safc has to be set to Karman frequency and it MUST read 3 HZ when you turn on the ignition,if not,check your settings,if there correct,check the wiring again.

yeah its reading 3hz on the screen when its turned on, and no i didnt make any settings as far as the karman, maf, 4cyl and all that.. i just tryed to zero it out and went all the way hi and lo 50% up and down and didnt change a thing, so i just hooked the air fuel the blue/yellow wire back up like it was before i hooked the afc up for the time being

well its supossed to be 4 cyl, karman,and it should read 3 hz..so its hooked up right.

if karman isnt selected in the settings part,it will run like a pile of crap

just check if the values for tps(throttle pos) ,mas,rpm,etc change when u mash the gas(do this with key set to IGN .. all the values should change..

is your THROTTLE TYPE correct? the "arrow" should show up toward the right

wow after reading toms and apples first posts this sounds like my problem

like GVR4592 said, we need to no all of you initial settings to make sure they are correct.....not the hi and lo trhottle settings. Post them so we can help you instead of guessing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back