The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2g Coolant Temperature Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mham2k

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Has anyone ever tied the coolant temperature sensor and triggered the fans to come on automatically based on a certain voltage or Ohm reading?

• I see lots of posts that talk about tying in a manual switch - don't want to do that
  • I have ECMLink but don't want to use the coolant offset because it pulls timing
  • I know i can tie into the ECMlink FPS and EGR controls but I already have one slated for methanol injection and don't want to tie up the FPS with this if there is another option.
  • I currently run my fans on all the time when its hot in Texas but i would rather have them cut on at 190 and cut off at 170.

Any thoughts?

My problem is that in 110 degree weather fans cutting on at 210 is to late need them to cut on earlier.

I solved this problem by purchasing an external electric thermostat that will trigger the fan relay at a certain temperature. It comes with its own temperature sensor.

I haven't installed it yet but grabbed it from Summit Racing today and plan on having them come on at 190.

https://www.summitracing.com/tx/parts/hda-3653

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back