The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 2G Coolant hose near alternator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vector

Probationary Member
Jun 6, 2019
St.paul, Minnesota
Does anyone know what coolant hose this is and where I I could buy it? Mine is super soft and started leaking pretty heavily. I haven't been able to find it while searching online but I could just be searching the wrong things.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It is for the oil cooler. Goes from the bottom of the water pipe to one of two oil cooler nipples where the oil filter is. And for what it’s worth out of the probably 6 that I have of them; 6 of them are pretty soft. Idk why they are like that but I haven’t found one that’s not. Also probably wanna try to put a bag over your alternator before removal. Working on power steering and the water pipe recklessly usually earns you a new alternator if it’s old.
-Daniel

You can get an oem one i believe if not look on ebay as they make a silicone kit for the cars and all these little hoses are included as part of the kit

If you go to google and type in 2g dsm oil cooler coolant return hose look for STM’s website. They sell oem ones. Or go to STM’s website and search for it.
-Daniel

Mitsubishi part number MD309661, if you wanted to try that route.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Solution
Awesome thank you everyone I'm going to pick one up from STM. I'll look into a full silicone hose kit over the winter this isn't the first time a oil cooler line has failed and dumped coolant all over my garage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back