The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g cam question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse36

Probationary Member
May 5, 2017
Frazee, Minnesota
I have a 95 gsx and the head gasket went out, so I figured since the top end is torn down anyway, may as well put in the cams I have laying around. They are HKS and I'm pretty sure they are 264/264's. The car is pretty stock. Just has Apexi exhaust, headers, aftermarket O2 housing, FMIC, boost controller. Nothing super serious. With those cams, would i need to do anything else or would I be able to just drop them in and go?

Yeah right now I'm planning on just getting the car drivable again because I do have another motor that I will be building eventually that will get all the goodies.

With these cams, will I notice anything major? I've read that they will pull into the higher rpms. Do you know for sure if these are 264's or not? They have 1mm more lift so I'm just kind of assuming since they aren't a major lift.

I have a 95 gsx and the head gasket went out, so I figured since the top end is torn down anyway, may as well put in the cams I have laying around. They are HKS and I'm pretty sure they are 264/264's. The car is pretty stock. Just has Apexi exhaust, headers, aftermarket O2 housing, FMIC, boost controller. Nothing super serious. With those cams, would i need to do anything else or would I be able to just drop them in and go?
With the HKS 264s, you don't need to re-map fuel/ignition, higher pressure valve springs or to degree the cams since your car is almost stock. Just drop them in and the car would run just fine.
If strictly speaking, it is better to re-tune the car if you change the parts that affect the engine performance, not always require though.

With these cams, will I notice anything major? I've read that they will pull into the higher rpms. Do you know for sure if these are 264's or not? They have 1mm more lift so I'm just kind of assuming since they aren't a major lift.
If your car is running as it should without any issues now, then yes, you probably notice the car runs a little bit stronger with these cams. And the power band moves to a little bit higher range. If the cams are HKS genuine cams, then you can see the HKS logo, its part number and degrees number on them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back