The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 2G Balance shaft eliminator install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Down the block, Minnesota
So I got around to eliminating the balance shafts on my rebuilt 4g. I have the stub shaft installed and the freeze plug in but on the stub shaft hole what threads into that to keep oil from coming out? There's an o ring that sits on top in the groove but they don't give you anything to thread into the hole. Thanks for any input this is my first bs I've eliminated so its got me stumped.

I circled the threaded hole on the oil pump hopefully someone can clear this up. I don't know if it's supposed to stay open or not.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I bought my new oil pump it didn't have anything there. But if it was there wouldn't I have to remove it to bolt in the stub shaft because there's a bolt that goes under it?

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I have not a clue what I did with my old oil pump, so I'll have to snag it off of an engine I have laying around.

Yeah I got it I could of just unbolted the back cover and not touch the castle nut. Except my oil pump didn't come with a castle nut which I have no idea if they do or not. Thanks again man for clearing things up.

Sometimes things just go right over my head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back