The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G AWD, Tranny Wont go Into Gear when rolling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMpwr25

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2004
Gloucester, Virginia
I have a fidanza 7-bolt flywheel, fidanza 4.3 6puck just installed. The tranny is acting like it has constant pressure on the clutch fork. When I press the clutch it looks like it isnt releasing it enough? The big problem is it did this to me once before, I destroyed the ACT 2100 that was in it, and melted the Tob on the input shaft. I pulled the tranny and installed the fidanze 4.3 and it worked for one night, and I got about 20 miles the next morning and it started messing up again. What should be the things I test to find a fix for my problem????

New master, new slave, shim the pivot ball, bleed the line, and adjust the clutch. Also if you have a 2g you will want to make sure that the cruis control swith is in the right spot so that you don't have the funky 2g bypass valve messing with your clutch pedal adjustment.

What you mean shim the pivot ball? and adjust the clutch? how you do these things?:cry: :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back