The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2g AWD rear wheel bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcjenkins112

Probationary Member
Aug 18, 2022
Forest city, North_Carolina
I’ve got a 1995 eagle talon Tsi awd, I’m looking to get ahold of the rear wheel bearings and I was trying to figure out if they were the same for the front and the rear or if they were different, doing a full tear down on the suspension and looking to see what all is interchangeable from a non turbo/ turbo 2 wheel drive to a turbo awd system.

The only wheel bearings that will work on the rear of a 2g awd are 2g awd/evo 4-9 rear wheel bearings; maybe galants but I’m not 100%. The knuckles are different on the rear of awd cars from fwd. The bolt pattern of the wheel bearing is larger and the hole in the knuckle is larger on awd. Also the rear knuckles on 95-96 awd are different in the way they bend than the 97-99 awd rear knuckles however both would bolt up to either or. Other than that the rear knuckles are the same on all 2g awd and can be swapped through the years. Also 95-96 and 97-99 fwd rear knuckles are different thickness where the wheel bearings bolt and will require different bolts for 2gb from 2ga.
-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back