The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AWD Problems - Grinding, won't go into gear from nuetral....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, found out whats wrong:

"These gears have all kinds of pitting occurring on the teeth. This happens from hard launching and I'm surprised that the teeth didn't break off."

The input shaft, intermediate shaft, and 1st gear are all shot to #%$ and back. So I'll be going with the EVO 3 first/input. Oh well, more money gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the transmission back from Jon@TRE. I'll be installing it within the next week or so.

I went with the EVO3 first gear, 4 spider center, and taller 5th gear. I had to replace the intermediate shaft as well. Everything looks great! I'm ready to get some seat time in the car.

Two, you are forcing more pressure on the entire clutch system then it is designed.

There is no additional pressure. It's merely, as you stated in the following sentence to the one above, that the system is under a constant amount of pressure when not being actuated. (ie TOB riding on the PP fingers all the time)

However, you missed the point of having the system in cut-off, which essentially induces the same conditions without the need for the S/C rod botteming on the S/C bore.

Nice to see people are finally listening to what I said and preaching the correct info. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back