The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AWD drive gear (pinion) tooth count

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptoranderson

Proven Member
Sep 24, 2015
Graham, North_Carolina
I am doing some of the legwork and research into making a taller fifth gear for a 2G and I need to know what the tooth count on the pinion coming from the engine into the gearbox is.

I've got all of the ratios of gears 1st-5th and I have the final drive ratio, so if I knew the tooth count on the drive gear I could then back-calculate to figure out the number of teeth on each of the individual gears.

Does anyone know what the tooth count on the pinion that outputs drive to the transmission is?

I've got all the manuals to the car. I'm pretty sure it is in there. If i forget, remind me and I will load them on a flash drive and bring them in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back