The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 2g auto transmission solenoids no where to be found please help this is my daily driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared_the_cool

Probationary Member
Jun 13, 2015
Chesterfield, Virginia
Spent the entire day taking the bottom end of my transmission apart to replace the solenoids but they were not attached to the valve body like every thread on here says. Where would they be? This is irritating me and I don't know what to do at this point. Everything is out of the transmission around where the valve body is, including sensors, basically just the bell housing on the bottom end is there and I didn't see any kind of wires except the ones on the 3 sensors (2 speed sensors and range sensor).

The car is an 98' RS and the original transmission was replaced with another used auto trans (99' model trans so it says.)

These are the solenoids I have: http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...ssion-control-solenoid/366398_685466_0_137863

Last edited:
Thank you! I wish they mentioned that on the autozone website before I went through all the hassle. It said it fit my car too. smh

I'm glad I found this post since my transmission is needing new parts, and the solenoid pack just happens to be one, plus I'm sure my pump is going as well. Try this website as well. I've bought from them before for a different vehicle and they had fast shipping and the prices aren't bad. This link is to our non-turbo auto trans exploded view. Just click on a part number to view the item and price. https://www.wittrans.com/parts?type=A604+(40TE/41TE)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back