The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g auto transmission rebuild help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinTalon

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2009
jeffersonville, Indiana
Hey guys I picked up the kiggly front clutches not to long ago and Im going to rebuild the trans myself. My question is can somebody that's done this before give me some pointers. I have all the tools, factory service manuals, and all that stuff. I really like to know what rebuild kit guys are using. I called RockAuto but they could give me no advice they have quite a few on their site. I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I also don't want to spend money and not get everything I need seals, gaskets, steel bands that stuff, so somebody please point me in the right direction!

Look into this kit. Red alto 108903HPSK.
Just call them up. And tell them what you want. A sales rep called me and I got the kit for 225.55. Has the improved end clutch kit also. This all went into a 93 automatic. The major difference between the 1g and 2 g is the lock up converter. Also has the seal kit for the transfer case. You're going to need a bushing kit if you want to do it right.

That kit comes with everything except bushings and shift kit. There are bushings throughout the transmission, starting at the pump all thru the drums. Read your transmission manual and watch some YouTube. Ipt has some great videos!
I bought my translab 175-HP on ebay. I got the bushings in a kit from makco transmission.

Ok I know what your talking about then. Ipt has a lot of good info I've been on their web site and everything. Thanks a lot Hotrod I'm feelin better already! As fare as doing the job I pretty much think I know what I'm getting myself in to but, if there's anybody else that's had success rebuild their trans feel free to chime in on what rebuild kit you used and or what other mods you've done or if you have any advise please share.

Whatever bushing kit I got from rock auto and gave to my trans rebuikder he did not like. The one for the pump didn't have a taper to it like it should.

The hardest part for me to figure out was the kickdown band servo adjustment. Aside from some of the tools just not being available for sale out there, I couldn't find detailed info or video on how to do it even after weeks of searching.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back