The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G auto transmission issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsteedly

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2006
Nebraska City, Nebraska
I just swapped in a JDM engine and used my old 2g auto transmission. I am having an issue with it not wanting to go into reverse unless I push on the brake pedal. :confused: I don't understand this at all. It also will not shift gears. When I take off it is really doggy until I get up to 3k rpm's. It does not shift at all. Is there something that I may have plugged in wrong or forget to plug in or maybe a vacuum line crossed somewhere? Any ideas would be very much appriciated

1g's do not go into reverse unless you have the brake pedal depressed, so that sounds normal to me. Why and where did you buy a JDM engine? Got any CEL's?

I figured it out, I had the cruise control and transmission plugs swapped around. Now it is shifting like it should and cruise works. Sorry I am new to these cars, what is cel? I bought the engine from Osaka japanese imports from california.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back