The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Will 97 FWD auto trans fit a 95 FWD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad91tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2008
east indiana, Indiana
I just got a 95 talon tsi and it has no tranny.Was automatic.I just bought a auto from a 97 talon tsi(both cars fwd)Will this bolt up and work the same?Im assuming it will bolt up but do i need anything else?Any wiring issues?

If I am not mistaking the 95 is a 6bolt and the 97 is a 7bolt. They have the same tranny code (f4a33) but however I do not think they will match up. If I am wrong someone will correct me but I am pretty sure the 6 and 7 bolt trannies arent swappable.

If I am not mistaking the 95 is a 6bolt and the 97 is a 7bolt. They have the same tranny code (f4a33) but however I do not think they will match up. If I am wrong someone will correct me but I am pretty sure the 6 and 7 bolt trannies arent swappable.

95-99 are 7bolt motors, the transmission is a f4a33, so any model between that year will bolt up.

95-99 are 7bolt motors, the transmission is a f4a33, so any model between that year will bolt up.

Oh. I was thinking the 7 bolt was 96 and up. My bad.

And as for the flexplat, both are 7 bolt they should be interchangable, I do not see why they wouldnt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back