The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2g Aluminum handles

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
I am starting the next batch, currently have 7 spots left. I will no longer offer them without being in cups. It helps me keep the fit and finish better.
$165 shipped for a set of handles.

Tony818

Proven Member
Jul 15, 2015
Denver, Colorado
I am starting the next batch, currently have 7 spots left. I will no longer offer them without being in cups. It helps me keep the fit and finish better.
$165 shipped for a set of handles.
Can you message me the steps on paying you and shipping?

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
Can you message me the steps on paying you and shipping?
My PayPal is listed in the first post. I ship via USPS. I started taking orders yesterday and it usually fills up in about a week. It takes 2-3 week for me to complete building the handles and then I post tracking to PayPal. You receive the handles 2-3 days after that.

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
Is this group by only for the metal handle or does it come with the whole plastic back part fitted into it?
I only offer them assembled in the plastic bezel now. This is for both sides ready to paint and install.

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
Those of you with spots in this batch, All welding is complete and assembly has started, I ran out of hardware and that will be here tomorrow. (I have gone to 1 length of bolt for both sides) Hardware is now black and uses plastic washers.

Hookzup2

Probationary Member
Apr 9, 2018
Laytonville, California
The passenger side I recieved has bent and ruined 3 door handle assembly can I send it back and try a different one otherwise I'm just going back to plastic

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
The passenger side I recieved has bent and ruined 3 door handle assembly can I send it back and try a different one otherwise I'm just going back to plastic
send me a PM, lets get it corrected.

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
To be clear, the lever is not part of the aluminum handles that I make, it is the oem/aftermarket lever that is with the original handles. I am working on some thicker replacement levers that will wrap around the aluminum arm and eliminate the flex.

See the attached picture.

This the the 2nd reported failure of that lever.

Attachments

• received_361631254560802.jpeg
    received_361631254560802.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 127

ThunderChild

Supporting VIP
Jan 5, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
To be clear, the lever is not part of the aluminum handles that I make, it is the oem/aftermarket lever that is with the original handles. I am working on some thicker replacement levers that will wrap around the aluminum arm and eliminate the flex.

See the attached picture.

This the the 2nd reported failure of that lever.

Interesting, is that an OEM or aftermarket handle bracket? Can't imagine how much you'd have to force things to bend that, but good on you for expanding the design!

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
The oem ones are thicker, i got a pattern part and it was thinner so stick with the oem lever! Its much stronger for the job it does

b00st3d

Freelancer
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
The oem ones are thicker, i got a pattern part and it was thinner so stick with the oem lever! Its much stronger for the job it does
The aftermarket ones vary by set, even between sides I have seen variation.
The ones I am making are 14g stainless and have a tab that will fold around the arm. The next weak link will be the plastic from the bezel(not anything I can do about the people that break those..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds