The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G alternator charge problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rsawd95dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 21, 2008
Zeeland, Michigan
On link battery says 12.3-12.5 and just kinda bounces between there. I thought a normal charging battery when car running was between about 13.5-14.5. Battery is brand new and I had the alternator off the car and had advanced auto test it and they said it was fine. Do you think there is a chance that there machine doesn't give enough load and the alt is actually bad? Would this be a sign of the alt going out? Thanks.

Yeah I recently had same problem. Mine would only charge during rpms above 3k. Then it stopped charging completely. Would hover around 12.2 to 11.9 volts. Replaced it and now I charge at 14.2 at idle.

12.x volts won't cut it. You are right, it will need replaced. Normally it should be 13.5-14.8 volts on a proper charging system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back