The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Aeromotive FPR install. Vacuum source help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speckles

Probationary Member
Jul 4, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Ok so we got the FPr installed on my friends 2g GST, for the vacuum source do we need to use the vacuum control solenoid thing? or do we just bypass that and get vacuum from the manifold?

The FPR solenoid is only used on hot starts, for the first 2-3 minutes, to help with vapor lock/fuel percolation issues. On some cars, all that hot fuel in the rail will make the car idle poorly for the first 15-30 seconds without the FPR solenoid.
I have often found that solenoid to be the source of restrictions that weren't allowing the fuel pressure to rise 1:1 with boost, so its usually better if you can get away without it.
keydiver

Jeff helped me figure this very issue out after I got my chip from him/added my fuel goodies. I had that exact problem regarding pressure not rising 1:1. Just use the vac line from the mani to the fp solenoid for the new fpr, and loop a line b/t the two nipples on the soleniod. Don't disconnect the electrics or you could throw a CEL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back