The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2g 6bolt swap question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talonchick

Proven Member
Feb 3, 2016
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
So we just got the car up and running we have around 10 miles on it and noticed my brand new timing belt has a wear mark. What could I be hitting? I'm not seeing it

Attachments

• 2016-05-07 19.25.14.jpg
    2016-05-07 19.25.14.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 88
I don't see the pic very well but If you are talking about the edge of the belt then should check the tensioner pulley's edge (the belt guide) if it is straight or not.
If you are talking about the lines in the middle of the belt then should check the oil pan bolt under the timing belt which has to be shorter than the other bolt and also the pulleys surface.

I had a similar scenario with my car. For me, the previous owner put a long bolt for the oil pan where the timing belt is. It put a nice deep groove in my belt

Could be too long of an oil pan bolt (one of them is supposed to be shorter than the others)*** just an FYI by the way.
But I agree with Pauleyman, it is really hard to see anything from the picture...

Could be too long of an oil pan bolt (one of them is supposed to be shorter than the others)*** just an FYI by the way.
But I agree with Pauleyman, it is really hard to see anything from the picture...
Two of them and they have different heads. They are easily spotted if an original bolt set is used.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back