The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron Barela

Probationary Member
Dec 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado
I know there are some threads. But i was recently given a 420a auto 2nd gen. Im not too familiar with them as i have always had 1g gsx/tsi's. But given the dying, expensive market, and the lack of reliability of mitsubishis (loved the 4g for years). i am considering alternate engine options as the car only has 114k miles and no rust. I was thinking of a k24a2 hybrid or a EDV(From the srt 4). Yes i know its a sin but i want it to be a plan b car for the track. Trying to go with little fabrication as possible.

At a minimum be prepared to cut and weld engine and trans mounts for any swap besides another 420a or a 2.4 Chrysler block (not including SRT). And then you have to figure out how to loom the wiring and where to mount the accessories.

Everybody seems so interested in ripping out the 420a and dropping something else in. You're better off just building the 420a or buying a GST or GSX. Save some ass pain.

Last edited:
i don't think you can swap in a SRT4 engine. As far as i know the 420a head won't bolt to the srt4 block and the srt4 head has the exhaust on the firewall side of the motor. I don't think it will clear.

A few people have done newer evo swaps.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back