The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g 2.4l Old School FP Green Pushing 50lbs/min at 24psi???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsbllfit7

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Salem, Oregon
So i am running an old school green on a 2.4l 9.0:1 compression engine. I am getting readings of above 50lbs min on this turbo. To my understanding this turbo flows 47lbs min maximum. Now I don't even have cams and this is a stock head, my airflow dies off up top but am wondering if this reading is correct. The numbers have to be close because my actual dyno numbers were about 9-12 awhp off from my dsmtuners estimate. Attached is a log of the pull. This is a third gear pull. Some adjustments do need to be made to my tune.

Attachments

• third pull.elg
    11.6 KB · Views: 79
If the VE is too high how will that affect the numbers? I need to pull some out of my speed density table. As you can tell I'm running a little bit more rich than i should be. Shooting for 11.1:1 and am getting 10.7 or so.

I read 49 lb/min and I'm using the old school green also. So yes. Its correct. Its on my big boy tune haha.

SD with no IAT. English racing doesn't run IAT sensors so the reading is going to be locked at 77*

Huh, I didn't realize you could do that. I might do that when I go SD.

That is some serious flow from an old style green. I wonder why FP rated them at 47lbs/min..

It's not at all uncommon to see airflow numbers beyond a compressor's peak on the map at high boost when a certain compressor wheel is paired to a better-flowing turbine or an engine with larger displacement.

Moving to the Turbo Tech forum as the O.P. is not a new member, nor is this a Newbie discussion.

Thank you for moving it and ya I was truly surprised. I'm hoping on e85 and bigger cams to get 54-55 lbs min out of the car at or around 30 psi. Hoping for low 500whp numbers.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

28 psi and yes. I have HKS (soon to be Kelford) 272's.

I would post the log if I had taken it.

Oh yeah. You are going to notice a huge difference.

This psi was from when I was running a mix of 92 and 5 gallons e85 so I am re tuning to try and get decent pump numbers. I am going to lower the afr to 10.8 tomorrow and kick back in some more timing to see if I get a decent run with no knock.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Your VE table is all over the place. that may affect the airflow readings, some of them jump up 20 at a time.\

i've attached my attempt at smoothing out your VE table.

Attachments

• smooth ve.ecm
    3 KB · Views: 53
Those numbers are inflated. Just looking at BoostEst compared to your MAP sensor will show this. Your BoostEst rating is way higher than it should be (which is matched up with the MAP reading). You can also see it when comparing your wideband reading to the AFRatioEst value. Those should be matched up as well.

Also looking at your VE table shows me your injector settings are incorrect. You shouldn't be seeing VE values nearly that high if your global % and deadtime are set properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just retuned and will post a log but the fuel seems absolutely correct to me now and the VE has gone down substantially but still high. This could be also because of the 2.4l 9.0:1 compression engine so ve may go up. Idk how i would get boostest to match my omni 4 bar because everything is dialed in and it is still substantially higher via boost est then the actual boost.

Here is the log

Just set up my boostest for the first time, forgot to set it to 2.4l and an altitude of 500ft. Much closer now and with a little more changing of SD table ill be there

Attachments

• log.2011.11.07-01.elg
    26 KB · Views: 53
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back