The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

245-40-18 on a 2G Eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuroGSTSpyder

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2002
Stockholm, Europe
Is this possible and so..with "fender rolling" or not? I have a 8,5x18 rims and I can get those tires for almost nothing..so I want to know if they fit at all.....Please help me out here!!!

he wasnt sure if they were 235 or 245 so..I thought I'd check so I know what to say when he callsme to tell what it was....

225/40R18 Kuhmo Ecsta Supra is what I run on the front and I have about 1/2 of clearance between the rod and my tire. Same in the rear and those are 225/40R18 Yokohama Paradas (1st Run). I mount mine on 18x7.5, so I really doubt you can fit 245's. Sorry.

turned out to be 245-45-18 so I didnt even try to fit them in..I went and bought a set of Sumitomo HTRZ 2 225-40-18 instead.I know they work and I got a great price on those to so...for being here.

How much are they over in the US? I payed 550$ for all four tires brand new from shop...is that good or bad compared to your price situation over there?

I have Potenza S02 235/40/18 on my RH C5 18x8 and I had to roll the rear fenders. When I had my Pirelli 225/40/18 I did not have any rubbing, but I also had no lip pertection and once I touched the curb and scratched the lip of the C5... Ouch...

In my 97 GST I'm running Tokico Illuminas with Eibach Sportlines and don't like it. Not enough suspension travel. Rides nice when it's not bumpy though. In my 95 GSX I'm still on stock since it corners so well already, but plan on getting JIC-Magic's FLT-A2 Coilover system someday. Full adjustability, gotta love it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back