The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

240 -- Sr20 Swap? :confused:

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGs

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2002
Bogalusa, Louisiana
A friend of mine asked me the question of how much it would cost to turn a 1990-1993 240SX AUTOMATIC into a...

Manual SR20 Swapped Car.

If the SR20 isnt the best motor then please tell me what would be the best motor for this cars style. Its going to be daily drivable so please be sure whatever you say would be the best options keep that in mind please.

Gimme a list of what he would need to complete this swap from a auto to manual and to swap the motor of choice into this car. Im guesssing i shoulda posted this in advanced tech but i didnt.

Anyone that knows the information that i am asking for please post it.
:p THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH! :p

the sr20det is the engine that came in JDM 240sx also called Silvias the american 240sx came with a ksomthing engine and is not designed to be turboed or supercharged.

for what he wants to do he is going to need a S13 front clip, don't know a place off the top of my head to get one, but they can be found

While we're on tuning subjects..can someone give me a link for an MR2 tuner site?

The swap will cost you in the area of 4 to six 6k depending on labor and other things...there is some custom fabrication needed to route the intercooler piping...

If he chooses the SR20det, there are a couple of choices...the Red Topped set up for the S-13(Your friends car) or the Black Top thats built for the S-14 & S-15...All will fit his car but the red Top is a direct fit motor mount wise...

There are some shops across the country that do this swap all the time...you might wanna have your friend consult with them if he's serious about it...

Go to www.240sxforums.com...you'll find out all the info you need to do it and do it right...

The motor in the 89-94 240's is the KA24DE...And they do make kits now to turbo that engine...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back