The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

225 vs 235

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMeclipse4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2003
columbia, Maryland
Ok this will be short a sweet....is it worth it to spend 240 per wheel and tire for 235 or would 190 for 225s on 17s be the better choice. The tire brand would both be kumho ecsta 712 heres the line up:

235 45 w17 on 17*8.5 wheels vs 225 45 w17 on 17*7 wheels

Thank you
Andrew

it depends how fast you wanna go if your gonna get a 16g 225 should be fine because turbo lag is more than the T-25 and it flows about 40-50% better than the T-25 (of course depending what kind of 16g you get) but if you get something like a 50trim where the spool up is about the same as a 16g but packs a stronger punch than wider is better:dsm:

Go 235/40-17. 45 series would most likely rub the fender. Also go with the 17x8.5 inch rims. With a larger tire and heavier rim I would recommend having a tire ratio that is slightly smaller than stock, to compensate for the added weight and traction. :thumb:

:dsm: :laser: :talon:

the only problem is that going 235 adds alot of money to the pakage. getting a slight smaller width tire wont be tooo much smaller but 200-300 beans cheaper. In other words after about a week of calculating my suspension and other mods this winter I can only afford 225s otherwise I cant do sway bars.
Andrew

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back