The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

22/1000 galant saved from junkyard.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can't believe the seats are rotted like that. I don't think I've ever seen anything like in my life. I guess that what happens when a car is shut up outside for years at a time.

If you can find one, there are a bunch of guys who swap EVO interiors into the Galant. I've never done it, but it seems pretty straight forward. Eventually that what my son wants to do with his.
I have only seen seats like that in old muscle cars that have sat forever in junkyards.
I’d like to try find a good stock interior for car. Unless if I get price to get leather redone on these seats.

Supposedly theirs and evo8 up in Harry’s u pull it in hazleton. I might go check out. See if it has anything good.

Got the carpet out of car today. And also go the other seat out and center console out to see what I am working with.
Carpet I’ll take to work and steam cleaning it this week one day see how it come out to know if I need one.
Still got find seats for car and all.
Got figure out if I wanna keep all the hks stuff in car for tuning and boost control.
Might get ecm link for car. Or just go haltech and call it day on it. Not sure would have to find someone to burn chip for hks system I have.

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpeg
  • IMG_4599.jpeg
  • IMG_4598.jpeg
  • IMG_4597.jpeg
  • IMG_4595.jpeg
  • IMG_4596.jpeg
  • IMG_4602.jpeg
  • IMG_4600.jpeg
  • IMG_4603.jpeg
Got the galant in the garage today. Had to chain in it with binder so I could work on it. Took me some time.
Got my rear arms control arms back on galant. Had them powder coated gloss black. Also add @EC17PSE braces to my oem arms. All new ball joints and new poly bushing.
Putting new brake pads and new rotors on rear.
I have on order white line rear sway bar coming this week.

Attachments

Got the galant in the garage today. Had to chain in it with binder so I could work on it. Took me some time.
Got my rear arms control arms back on galant. Had them powder coated gloss black. Also add @EC17PSE braces to my oem arms. All new ball joints and new poly bushing.
Putting new brake pads and new rotors on rear.
I have on order white line rear sway bar coming this week.

I wanted a set of those from Bobby so bad, but my welder was out of town for like 2+ months and couldn't swing it. Soon though!

I wanted a set of those from Bobby so bad, but my welder was out of town for like 2+ months and couldn't swing it. Soon though!
They fit so nice and strength up oem arms good and all. I definitely recommend them if you’re not looking for fancy high end stuff. Oem arms can be just as good

they do look amazing on the chassis! Thank you for the pictures and super glad you like them. as simplistic as they are I feel as if its a great way to keep OEM arms on and allow users to get more out of what is already there.

keep up the great work on this chassis

Was working on galant tonight. Only
Oil leak have is from turbo return line. Wondering if anyone has and suggestion on what I can do for the way the oil drain is set up as.
Wiped down exhaust some it started shining again.
Fixed my headlight relay I was have issues with just need new fog light light bulbs now.

Also realized someone add plating to the front cross memeber pieces for scraping on ground.

Attachments

Removed my sunroof finally tonight. To fix my water leak.
And looks like I need to find good used sunroof assembly for car. Front part is rotted from drain being clogged up.
Also broke my upper trim pieces. Even tried really careful to not break them and they broke. Now got find set of them also.

Attachments

Was working on galant tonight. Only
Oil leak have is from turbo return line. Wondering if anyone has and suggestion on what I can do for the way the oil drain is set up as.
Wiped down exhaust some it started shining again.
Fixed my headlight relay I was have issues with just need new fog light light bulbs now.

Also realized someone add plating to the front cross memeber pieces for scraping on ground.
First is that a 90* fitting coming off of the fitting? Easiest way see where it is leaking would be to hose it down with brake fluid so it's clean and dry then turn the car on and look to see where it is sweating from. My guess would be the actual fitting or the the hose. I would highly recommend getting the Morrison drain line kit. 2nd trimming the front motor mount helps with the awkward angle on the vr4's. Also check to make sure it's the correct bracket since our car's have a unique bracket. If i recall correctly it should have 344 stamped on it. Glad one of us is making headway on our cars LOL.

First is that a 90* fitting coming off of the fitting? Easiest way see where it is leaking would be to hose it down with brake fluid so it's clean and dry then turn the car on and look to see where it is sweating from. My guess would be the actual fitting or the the hose. I would highly recommend getting the Morrison drain line kit. 2nd trimming the front motor mount helps with the awkward angle on the vr4's. Also check to make sure it's the correct bracket since our car's have a unique bracket. If i recall correctly it should have 344 stamped on it. Glad one of us is making headway on our cars LOL.
Thanks man. I’ll check my front bracket in the next day or 2 see what it says on it. I thought of going Morrison fab setup. I seen theirs and they always fit well.
Yes it is 90 coming of the turbo. Car has and old turbonetics turbo on it. And Dsm flanged exhaust housing.
I haven’t found any number on it yet to
Figure it out.

I hate to see one parted out but I need parts for mine if you decide to go that route.

I have only seen seats like that in old muscle cars that have sat forever in junkyards.
I’d like to try find a good stock interior for car. Unless if I get price to get leather redone on these seats.

Supposedly theirs and evo8 up in Harry’s u pull it in hazleton. I might go check out. See if it has anything good.
There is a husband and wife team in the Emmaus area that do a lot of old muscle car reupholstery that I had take a look at my Starion seats last year. They're work is amazing and prices reasonable. I didn't have them do mine yet b/c I found another interior F/S I swapped into my car. But, I still might take my old interior to them and have them do it. I'll PM you with the IG account so you can see their work.

Had another dropped off. It’s got no motor but has trans and interior in it. Going to use parts to put mine together then either sell what I don’t use or part car out. Back of trunk is rotted pretty bad.
If you part, I could be seriously interested in those fenders. Ours our white on a belize green car.

If you part, I could be seriously interested in those fenders. Ours our white on a belize green car.
Yes if you want fenders they are yours. Going to part it out then. Don’t want to do it car. But rather repurpose everything to everyone that can fix them vr4 keep them going.
But right front frame rail is rotted also. More I have looked at it.
Yes I would like to check out what they do. I got rear seat that need upper part fixed and driver seat that need some fixing.
I don’t have Instagram LOL.

Put me on the list for parts too. Could really use a couple door handles and the lower window trim. My chassis is from Cali so it's super clean but the trim and paint took a beating and a half.

I got my carpet put back in that stem cleaned 3 times and then power washed scrubbed also.
IMG_5141.jpeg
IMG_5140.jpeg
Then I also got my headliner and and sunvisor back in so far. Also got my sunroof working again. And repaired my drains and fixed cable on one side.
Wish I could find good seal for top half. But that looks impossible anymore.
IMG_5145.jpeg
IMG_5144.jpeg
IMG_5146.jpeg
then also started to polish my one tail light last night also.
IMG_5150.jpeg
Slowly getting stuff done.

Tonight final decided to go out in garage and work tonight on galant
Installed my @DSM3DCreations shifter base bushing and shifter bushing on assembly.
My shifter was missing 3 bushings total. This helped for sure.
IMG_5278.jpeg
IMG_5281.jpeg
IMG_5280.jpeg

I know I should have cleaned base up and painted it. But that will be next time when do full tear down.
I just wanna drive this car.
I got install the bushing out on trans side still now.

Installed my rebuilt master cylinder. I was able to get seal kit and cleaned it up as best I could. First one I rebuilt since being in high school tech class and all.
Everything bleed on it fine and pedal feels
Good.
IMG_5346.jpeg
Also installed my boost fab rear mustache bar I got couple weeks ago.
Many was it a pain to line the 2 bolts back up in rear diff housing.
IMG_5345.jpeg
IMG_5343.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back