The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

22/1000 galant saved from junkyard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got it car in shop today. Put some tires on it quick I had laying around.
Change oil in car and filter.
Pulled injectors out to give to my local guy to clean them up for me. He’s big Dsm guy said get them over to him asap. Lol
Just got get some fluid for trans and t-case rear diff.
To change fluid
Also found out car has 4 bolt rear in it. No rear p/s anymore.
Subframe and all looked to have been powder coated at some point black looked good.
Pick up new power stop pads and rotors from my local autozone for 72.00 for rear of car.
Car drove okay for moving it around. Took it around block once just to go through gears in it.
Then on hunt to find interior for car and steering column for it since they broke it

IMG_4360.jpeg

IMG_4357.jpeg

IMG_4356.jpeg

IMG_4355.jpeg

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4350.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_4359.jpeg

IMG_4358.jpeg

IMG_4347.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4344.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

IMG_4340.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

I'm so intrigued by these cars. How do the stock intercoolers work on these cars? Does this one have A/C or do you even plan to run A/C?

So jealous, man. What's the plan for it?

I'm so intrigued by these cars. How do the stock intercoolers work on these cars? Does this one have A/C or do you even plan to run A/C?

It actually has And old road race engineering intercooler setup on it and all.

Yes jt has ac. I plan on tryin to for sure. It’s all there. Nothing is missing under hood.
Still has cruise control and abs.
Abs I will delete. Thanks to @DSSA for getting me one of the last non abs prop valves.

My plan is to get inte
How did that end up in a junkyard?
It was at impound lot. Guess who ever owned never came back for it. And it sat this guys impound lot for from what I was told ten years.
Guy couldn’t find title for it. So he was going to junk shell. And just pull motor and trans sell it like that.
I have guy working on getting me title for it in the state of pa.
It takes about 3 months to get one but well worth it.

I can always put dealer tag on it drive it like that. The place i work at is car dealership.

It actually has and old road race engineering intercooler setup and piping from them on car.

Yes ac is all intact. Going to check it for charge. If no charge in it. Going to put some oil in compressor. The. Recharge system at work for sure.

My goal is to do all maintenance work on it. Change fluids belt and all.
Rebuild throttle body.
Get and interior for it and all. Mabe different suspension don’t want it low.
Plus streets in pa are horrible. I wanna drive it enjoy car.
Do abs delete I got from @DSSA one of the last non proportion valves.

I wanna make this my daily driver. The 4 door works better for me with having to haul 3 kids in it LOL.

It actually has and old road race engineering intercooler setup and piping from them on car.

Yes ac is all intact. Going to check it for charge. If no charge in it. Going to put some oil in compressor. The. Recharge system at work for sure.

My goal is to do all maintenance work on it. Change fluids belt and all.
Rebuild throttle body.
Get and interior for it and all. Mabe different suspension don’t want it low.
Plus streets in pa are horrible. I wanna drive it enjoy car.
Do abs delete I got from @DSSA one of the last non proportion valves.

I wanna make this my daily driver. The 4 door works better for me with having to haul 3 kids in it LOL.

Nice. That's awesome. Apparently the A/C stuff is unique for the VR4, so that's worth its weight in gold.

I want one for that exact same reason. 4 door, comfy interior, and can fit my wife and 4 year old in it. Plus the DSM goodness.

Nice. That's awesome. Apparently the A/C stuff is unique for the VR4, so that's worth its weight in gold.

I want one for that exact same reason. 4 door, comfy interior, and can fit my wife and 4 year old in it. Plus the DSM goodness.
I hope All the a/c stuff is good. Stuff is hard enough to find for galant

Then I can still keep my GSX as my fun toy to drive around.
4doors are nice to have for sure.

I hope All the a/c stuff is good. Stuff is hard enough to find for galant

Then I can still keep my GSX as my fun toy to drive around.
4doors are nice to have for sure.

Honestly, having my Edge changed my entire perspective on what a car could and should be. Four doors, fits the whole family, is comfortable but still "sporty" feeling, and has enough get up and go to get in front of people or get the hell outta dodge when I need to. I just don't want the obnoxiously loud, hard AF, no creature comforts, "one person only" cars I've had in the past. Maybe I'm an old man now, but idgaf. I want to be comfortable and fast. Lol.

Honestly, having my Edge changed my entire perspective on what a car could and should be. Four doors, fits the whole family, is comfortable but still "sporty" feeling, and has enough get up and go to get in front of people or get the hell outta dodge when I need to. I just don't want the obnoxiously loud, hard AF, no creature comforts, "one person only" cars I've had in the past. Maybe I'm an old man now, but idgaf. I want to be comfortable and fast. Lol.
I know exactly what you mean. I can relate 100 percent
My daily driver is buick rendezvous 4 door small suv. That everyone fits in with no issue and I can still tow trailer with it. Not sporty at all. But runs dam good for the old 3.4 v6
I

I'm so intrigued by these cars. How do the stock intercoolers work on these cars?

It's just a regular tiny intercooler but it's front mounted. Leaves the 14B and goes to the drivers side, forward through a cutout between the radiator and headlight, 90 into the intercooler, 90 down and under the passenger headlight to where a 1G intercooler is then the rest of the piping is similar to a 1G. But the stock MAF is in the "middle" of the engine bay with the battery right behind the passenger headlight so a little different.

Very nice find! Some nice slight mods and looks REALLY clean for the area.

thanks man.
What part of pa are you in. Be nice to have some more people around to hang with and talk Dsm and all with.
I'm in the Lehigh Valley area. I used to know a ton DSM guys around here 20 years ago. Most have moved on to other platforms, but there's still a few OGs around it see every now and then.

I'm in the Lehigh Valley area. I used to know a ton DSM guys around here 20 years ago. Most have moved on to other platforms, but there's still a few OGs around it see every now and then.
Small world. I live in Lehigh valley area also. I have couple buddy’s who still have Dsm but they are garage queens don’t see road to often.
Be nice to meet up sometime

I'm up near the Scranton area. We still have a handful of DSMs within 20 miles or so if myself.

There was a very nice Mitsubishi meet in the Pocono area late last year. Very good turnout, maybe 50 cars or so. Probably 10-15 DSMs too.

I'm up near the Scranton area. We still have a handful of DSMs within 20 miles or so if myself.

There was a very nice Mitsubishi meet in the Pocono area late last year. Very good turnout, maybe 50 cars or so. Probably 10-15 DSMs too.
I remember chatting with you at that meet towards the end there. We were last group of guys to leave the place.

I removed my injectors the other day. To get them cleaned and checked. But when I got them out they were all bent up top a little. Like installed wrong at some point or whatever they were in before caused it. Now I don’t know what to do. I look for new injectors or some decent used ones to get cleaned up

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpeg
    IMG_4416.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 18
Went over today to work on galant at work.
Put my 780s out of my eclipse into
The galant.
Definitely fired up and ran better than.
But found this Layin in engine bad. Not sure what it is or what it goes to.
Found spot on upper intercooler where it might go for I guess old school air temp sensor. Mabe part of hks vein pressure ssystem.
My ecu don’t look in the best shape
Theirs 2 EPROMs in car.
I got some figuring out to do.

Attachments

• IMG_4442.jpeg
    IMG_4442.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    671.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 22
Last night I made trip to @DSSA compound.
To pick me up complete steering column for the galant with key.
And got driver side lower dash panel for it also.
Man do’s Josh have some nice Mitsubishi laying around the shop.
Now on Sunday I’ll get this installed in the galant. And drive it 2 miles from my work to my house with dealer tag on it. So I can start working on it at night in my garage at home.

Attachments

• IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4468.jpeg
    IMG_4468.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4469.jpeg
    IMG_4469.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 16
Got the car today to my house to start working on it.
Started taking seats out of car.
Passenger seat is rotted badly.
Had to heat all the bolts with my mini inductor. To get them to come free.
Rear back seat kept falling apart when I touched it.
Also got rear arms torn out today to install
New bushings and to add something special to them that got sent to me for rear trailing arms.
Just got source some ball joints for them still.
Surprisingly ever bolt underneath came out easily.

Attachments

• IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4548.jpeg
    IMG_4548.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4550.jpeg
    IMG_4550.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4553.jpeg
    IMG_4553.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4536.jpeg
    IMG_4536.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4531.jpeg
    IMG_4531.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4545.jpeg
    IMG_4545.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 16
I can't believe the seats are rotted like that. I don't think I've ever seen anything like in my life. I guess that what happens when a car is shut up outside for years at a time.

If you can find one, there are a bunch of guys who swap EVO interiors into the Galant. I've never done it, but it seems pretty straight forward. Eventually that what my son wants to do with his.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back