The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ive pretty much decided I'm not gonna make it.I'm gonna start saving money for whatever i decide to do.

But I'll be here keeping an eye on the fort.

I'd have to fly into an airport serviced by an airline, I get jumpseat privileges on the flight deck so seat load is not a factor. But it's the hassle of possible delays and flying, then driving and then having to fly and drive back since I fly out of Indy for my airline.

I guess I'll just drive from Indy, it's the same price for the rental car for 2 days with unlimited miles. If anyone is going from INDy, shoot me a PM. :)

P.s. I'm way too excited! :D

Just a friendly heads up to anyone coming from the southeast. If your route takes you out 76W just to the west of Akron, there is a bunch of construction going on and the local cops around there are dropping tickets left and right. I know this from firsthand experience. In Ohio construction zone is an automatic double fine.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOH TIME TO PARTY!

-Michael

Just a friendly heads up to anyone coming from the southeast. If your route takes you out 76W just to the west of Akron, there is a bunch of construction going on and the local cops around there are dropping tickets left and right. I know this from firsthand experience. In Ohio construction zone is an automatic double fine.

Pretty sure thats every state! Thanks for the heads up though. I won't be making it this year. I have a baby girl due in late october i have to plan for:)

Still never selling the dsm.

Last edited:
Are you not racing in DSE this year Cory?

No I am not.

The silver car will be going for sure, but I dont know if the black car is going, most likely not but theres a chance i suppose. If it does go Ill either be running q16 (very doubtful) or just test and tune.....It will not qualify for dse this year.

Cory, if you need a driver I'll be flying into Philly and road tripping into Ohio and won't have a car to drive while I'm there. I'll make a few passes in the Talon and I can even drive it from PA for ya... :idontknow:

:dsm:

Gofer,

If you have an ETA of when you will be in/ near Pittsburgh, we might be able to roll together. (not that you will be in your DSM, but at least youd be rolling with at least 2?)

A buddy of mine and I will be through there around 130PM ish on Friday 8/16.

Let me know if your interested.

This will be my 8th Shootout this year (00, 07 (and the rainout makeup date). 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13) and I am just as stoked as the first.

I still remember seeing Buschur's yellow/white RWD for the first time in 00. That car was way ahead of its time. Just imagine if today's tech was in that car. If i remember it was tuned on a stock ecu/vpc/gcc, and ran 550-660cc injectors? and ran sevens like that. (still #7 on the DSMTimes list)

Gofer,

If you have an ETA of when you will be in/ near Pittsburgh, we might be able to roll together. (not that you will be in your DSM, but at least youd be rolling with at least 2?)

A buddy of mine and I will be through there around 130PM ish on Friday 8/16.

Let me know if your interested.

This will be my 8th Shootout this year (00, 07 (and the rainout makeup date). 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13) and I am just as stoked as the first.

I still remember seeing Buschur's yellow/white RWD for the first time in 00. That car was way ahead of its time. Just imagine if today's tech was in that car. If i remember it was tuned on a stock ecu/vpc/gcc, and ran 550-660cc injectors? and ran sevens like that. (still #7 on the DSMTimes list)
Ya, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cars/people that have made this platform what it is today. I'm not sure what the plans are for certain, I'm road tripping with the Loose Bros. so I guess whoever they're driving there with if anyone.

Either way, I'm sure we'll run into you on the road. You'll know it's us because I'll be the one hanging halfway out of the window taking pictures... ;)

The black car's days of driving to and from the shootout are over. even then, I wouldn't wish that hell on anyone, even if it were only a 3 hour ride. Appreciate the offer though LOL.

Ya, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cars/people that have made this platform what it is today. I'm not sure what the plans are for certain, I'm road tripping with the Loose Bros. so I guess whoever they're driving there with if anyone.

Either way, I'm sure we'll run into you on the road. You'll know it's us because I'll be the one hanging halfway out of the window taking pictures... ;)

I know we are taking the PA Turnpike (76) up to the OH turnpike (80) and going in that way. We will be leaving around noon, which will put us in Norwalk around 330-4pm.

What hotel are you staying in?

:hellyeah:

I know we are taking the PA Turnpike (76) up to the OH turnpike (80) and going in that way. We will be leaving around noon, which will put us in Norwalk around 330-4pm.

What hotel are you staying in?

:hellyeah:

I'm one of the "Loose Bros." Corey is road-tripping with. We'll be leaving Pittsburgh around 6pm on Thursday. We're staying at the Motel 6. Right now looks like it's just us driving in (truck towing my car), but we might have an Evo join us.

I'm one of the "Loose Bros." Corey is road-tripping with. We'll be leaving Pittsburgh around 6pm on Thursday. We're staying at the Motel 6. Right now looks like it's just us driving in (truck towing my car), but we might have an Evo join us.

Ahh, I guess we will have to see you out there then. We are not leaving until Friday. :thumb:

i was hoping to be able to go even bought a truck so i could pull my car there but then i blew a head gasket and my car is still down and i have spent most of what i had saved on trying to make it run. maybe i will get lucky and can still go.

I'd have to fly into an airport serviced by an airline, I get jumpseat privileges on the flight deck so seat load is not a factor. But it's the hassle of possible delays and flying, then driving and then having to fly and drive back since I fly out of Indy for my airline.

I guess I'll just drive from Indy, it's the same price for the rental car for 2 days with unlimited miles. If anyone is going from INDy, shoot me a PM. :)

P.s. I'm way too excited! :D

We'll be driving through Indiana, if you wanna tag along?

20 more days!!

I will deff be going. Got the hotel booked & the $ saved up... Anyone in GA I have 2 seats open

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back